Why aren't the other leaders animated?

James Parker

Chieftain
In my Caveman to Cosmos game, all of the civ leaders only have pictures, there is no animation during diplomacy. I watched a little be of a letsplay of Cavman to Cosmos, and in his game the other civ leaders where animated. It's not a big deal, but I would like to know how to change it so the other civ leaders are animated.

In my Caveman to Cosmos game, all of the civ leaders only have pictures, there is no animation during diplomacy. I watched a little be of a letsplay of Cavman to Cosmos, and in his game the other civ leaders where animated. It's not a big deal, but I would like to know how to change it so the other civ leaders are animated.

To save space in the download and memory while playing the game all leaders are now static.

Good to know, are there any mods that make them animated again? I kind of miss it honestly.

C2C is huge beyond huge and this means we need to shave some things down where it can be a hugely data efficient and not lose much in terms of quality.

TBH, I've come to like the portraits better anyhow since I never much liked the cartoon animations trivializing historical figures of great importance.

I'm not sure if you would find re-inclusion of animations would work well on many systems. Might work OK on some. I imagine there are other players who would appreciate such a modmod so I wouldn't be against someone putting that together - just against it being the default for the mod for memory reasons more than anything.

The point is that when I see someone real I can tell their mood just by looking. I don't have to look at their facebook page to find out! :mischief:

Top Bottom