Why can Guys sleep around, but girls get punished? Here's why..

Abaddon

Deity

I don't agree with it, at least thats what I tell girls I am trying to sleep with..

:evil:

Do you agree or not?

----------------------------------
EDIT: If you REALLY didn't realise, this was a JOKE to spark a DEBATE on the subject. It is not MY opinion on sexism.. sheesh!

Spread your seed far and wide, the base instinct of almost every male of every species.

How is this not sexist?

Jesus Abba, you're better than this.

Moderator Action: Again. Contribute to the discussion, or don't post.

There are multiple double standards regarding the sexes, this is one of them.

Another one is, men are not allowed to hug and kiss unrelated men without being called gay but its totally not lesbian for a woman to hug or kiss a good friend.

I always wondered.... how do guys other than me view a hot bisexual/lesbian chick that manages to get a lot of hot girls? <derogatory term> because she sleeps around or <respect> because she pulls a lot of hot girls?

Another one is, men are not allowed to hug and kiss unrelated men without being called gay but its totally not lesbian for a woman to hug or kiss a good friend.

isn't this dying out?

I always wondered.... how do guys other than me view a hot bisexual/lesbian chick that manages to get a lot of hot girls? <derogatory term> because she sleeps around or <respect> because she pulls a lot of hot girls?

The Perfect GF.

First off, the analogy is crap. Mildly amusing, still crap.

Why is there a double standard? Because society is extremely sexist on the issue. I'd imagine it comes from treating women as property for thousands of years, coupled with some genetic underpinnings. The only way to be absolutely sure a child is fathered by a given man he must be the only person sleeping with the child's mother. Thus to ensure ones genes are spread, men seek to exert complete control over women's sexual activity. One easy way of doing so is a social stigma against loose women.

It was probably a stabilizing factor on society long ago as it would prevent fights over paternity, inheritance and such. Nowadays any positive function it may have had is long outdated yet it remains part of the social psyche due almost entirely to religion keeping it going.

The whole key/lock analogy seems to draw on the old belief that sex is something which men achieve, and which women are subjected to, which is... Less than progressive, for either side.

So, no, not on board.

Ah, modern society. Girls are perfect, guys are gross.
Heavily gender-normative, heteronormative, passive and above all compliant girls are "perfect". The dissenters, not so much.
Would you call that a pedestal? I'd call it chains.

If a guy does a different girl every week, he's a prick, not a legend.

This. I have no more respect for guys who sleep around than for women who do.

In my experience, people with high "body counts" tend to be untrustworthy, somewhat disease-ridden, insecure and have very low standards.

This is yet another topic where I seem to live in some alternative dimension.
Sure, I've heard about the stereotype, but I don't remember ever having heard it used in real life.

Some people sleep around, other don't. That is all.

Top Bottom