Why can't I build Inquisitors?

Kosez

Sitting Wool
So, I have never actively pursued religion in my game. I conquered Ra-Kedet though, which has a religion and a Holy Site with Shrine, Temple and Meeting House. I can't build any of the religious units there. I'm Monarchy.

The pesky Russian's are spamming me with their apostles, and already Japanese have their religion. They'll get religious victory before I get domination.

It's kind of interesting to see how you have to maintain presence in all aspects (religion, commerce, science, military) if you wan't to achieve any of the victories. I guess.

Thanks for help.

20161027214156_1.jpg

The Button on the top right is the purchase with faith Button. (Below "choose production")
If you Click it you should See what you can purchase with your +2.500faith...:eek2:
Buy an apostle and use Him to start Inquisition. Now you can build Inquisitors, missionaries (no religious attack, only defense) and apostles...

To build an Inquisitor, first you must "purchase" with faith an Apostle. Then on the Apostle's turn, select it and you will see in the unit box that one of the options in addition to "skip turn" and "sleep" is to "start an Inquisition". This will expend the Apostle unit, but unlock Inquisitors for the rest of the game.

Similarly, if you have founded a religion, you can "purchase" with faith an Apostle and expend it to unlock an additional belief for your religion ("evangelize belief" I think is what its called). I believe you can do that twice (requiring two Apostles).

You do not build religious units but purchase them with faith points. Use the "Purchase" button in the upper right corner of the "Choose Production" tab. This should have Missionaries (req Shrine) and Apostles (req Temple) plus any buildings that your religion can build. For the Inquisitor units, you need to use an Apostle to launch an Inquisition first for them to be available.

Yes, now I see how much has my atheism blinded me :)

I guess that was a pretty noob thing, so I'm even more grateful @Stilgar08 for your reply. Thanks.

Are there any penalties for having several different religions in my cities, should I invest in launching a ˝reconquista˝?

To build an Inquisitor, first you must "purchase" with faith an Apostle. Then on the Apostle's turn, select it and you will see in the unit box that one of the options in addition to "skip turn" and "sleep" is to "start an Inquisition". This will expend the Apostle unit, but unlock Inquisitors for the rest of the game.

Are you sure this works if you did not found religion?
In my game I got converted to the religion and majority of my cities follow it. Yet I do not get to option to start the inquisition with apostle.

Last edited:
No penalties. If you click on City Details you see the three buttons on top (left side now ;) ). The third is religion if I remember correctly (cannot check right now). It shows the religious bonusses or religion in place...
If you don't know what the names mean check the Religion icon on top in the UI (next to government I think. There you should be able to read about the effects...
And you are very welcome!!! :)

No, I can build Apostle but I can't start inquisition. And although my apostles are built in Taoistic city, they convert cities to Pantheon religion.

I don't really care but it's kind of funny :)

My apostles are really bad at fighting Russian apostles, so war in the near future is imminent :)

Top Bottom