Why can't I build my Spaceship ??

First possibility that comes to mind is if you don't have the proper strategic resources available. Most SpaceShip components need Aluminum, some Rubber, and 1 needs Uranium. If you don't have access to the appropriate resource, you wont be able to build those components.

The only other thing that comes to mind is if that Victory condition were turned off for some reason when the game was set up.

I have all the necessary resources need to construct all of the components.
As far as the victory mode, the other options are too simple and I'm going for points this go-around. Space Victory was the only condition I left enabled.

This is soo frustrating :(

Once, I too was frustrated at not being able to build a spaceship--only because I could not access any uranium. I was playing on the Europe map & almost all the uranium was on Iceland, where the Persians were, but they didn't know it since they were still in the Middle Ages when I & all my other rivals had reached Modern. Fortunately, I was able to win another way--diplo.

Later, I played the Great Lakes map. Persia declared war on me for refusing their demand of tech, but that turned out to be a blessing in disguise because I eventually eliminated them & found some uranium where their torched cities once stood. So that time I *was* able to win space. So hang in there--start a new game or even use a new map if you must--but you'll win eventually. I did.

Gurney

One thing you could do is post a copy of a .sav file from your game. There might be something 'obvious' that isn't occurring to you to describe to us, but which someone might spot from the game if they loaded it.

What game and version (patch) are you playing, by the way?

One question. Have you checked all of your cities to see if they can build a component? IIRC spaceship components cannot be rushed with forestry, so if you had chopped a forest near a city then that city would not be able to build anything. If you only checked that city, it might look like you couldn't build any of them.

Also, do the resources all show up in the city view for the cities you are trying to build in. If the resources aren't fully connected (e.g. the AL is on an island with no harbour or airport) then you'd not be able to build the AL-dependent components.

I do have access to Uranium is the thing though (as well as ALL other possible resources). I've already built a couple of nukes as well as the ICBM hoping that it may make some sort of difference.

btw; I'm playing the 1.27f with no additional patches/mods other than Snoopy's terrain mod

I had a similar thing happen to me on a recent game. I had literature and couldn't start the Great Library in my capital. Nobody had built it but I couldn't start it! I was able to start it in another city but not in my most productive. Needless to say the Chinese beat me to it! I don't understand the glitch and have only encountered it this one time. I too use 1.27f and Snoopy's greener terrain mods, but also have multifigure mods.

Originally posted by Norlamand
I had a similar thing happen to me on a recent game. I had literature and couldn't start the Great Library in my capital. Nobody had built it but I couldn't start it! I was able to start it in another city but not in my most productive. Needless to say the Chinese beat me to it! I don't understand the glitch and have only encountered it this one time. I too use 1.27f and Snoopy's greener terrain mods, but also have multifigure mods.

This happened to me one time & the only thing I could notice was that the city where I wanted to build a wonder was starving. It was one of those deals where I had an odd number of food (like 45 or something) so the city would alternate between growth and starvation. After I fixed the odd # of food problem I could build the wonder in that city. :goodjob:

Check your domestic advisor. Have you mobilized? If so, you can't start building any components until you demobilize.

I had another problem with the Space Ship. I built all my components but the last one (don't remember what it was). When the last one was finished, I tryied to enter the SS menu to press the launch button there but nothing happened. I start pressing it like mad, but no SS menu apeard...Also I didn't got any kind of message, like "Your ship was launched" or "Your ship is ready" or something...So what happened to my Space Ship? :(

Originally posted by Norlamand

This would probably be due to the fact that you cut a forest there, or pop-rushed the building/unit that you were working on when you wanted to switch. This is to prevent rushing wonders.

Mikai, hi there :). try pressing end-turn

Hi, Yndy :)

Did that ! All partns built, pressed End Turn, trying to press the little-little-little "s" button...umm...nope, nothing happens. But could you please tell me what should happen, in normal circumstances, after you press "Launch" ? Thanks :D

Well, I give up. The world is conquered, still no victory or a shuttle to launch.

I started a new game earlier and just *hope* that I can build a ship this time; however I'm leaving the the Conquest Option open this time so if I can't build a shuttle again at least I can win through Conquest and have some kind of 'official' credit for my hard work/play

"I had another problem with the Space Ship. I built all my components but the last one (don't remember what it was). When the last one was finished, I tryied to enter the SS menu to press the launch button there but nothing happened. I start pressing it like mad, but no SS menu apeard...Also I didn't got any kind of message, like "Your ship was launched" or "Your ship is ready" or something...So what happened to my Space Ship? "

Had you won that game before? I became irritated when I couldn't launch my first spaceship, namely because I built the UN and hit "Yes" before I read the query- and won by UN vote. I built all the SS parts, just couldn't launch it.

Could we get some saves posted? I'm really interested in taking a closer look at this problem. It's never happened to me before, but I'd kind of like to know what's going wrong in case it ever does.

Thanks in advance. Unless you don't hook us up. In which case may your victories be many and bloody. ;)

@ Smellincoffee:

I think you may have a point there: The game was already won by the time I had all my parts ready. Victory by conquest. And as the game was won already, the ship didn't launched...possibly.

But what I'm interested about is this: Does anyone ever pressed that "Launch" button, and actually launched the SpaceShip?

I've had a spaceship win, pressed the Launch button, and had the space launch video play. :)

I've also gone straight from the Launch button to the next screen after the video, after a delay. :(

I think the latter is related to either computer hardware, or display settings, or similar. It might even be patch-dependent. I know I had no launch video at the end of GOTM-21, despite winning by SS.

I think it was just a fluke, I've won twice since (Chieftan level- don't laugh, I'm going to Warlord now)

I don't understand; guess it's just some kind of flaw in the programming <no offence Sid -- you are the MAN; although a slight partnership with Snoopie may do some good for the both of you

EDIT: to elaborate, your programming is awesome Sid; Team up with Snoopie and let him/her be your Graphics 'man'

Top Bottom