1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Why can't I destroy all cities of a nation or take more capitals?

Discussion in 'CivBE - Strategy & Tips' started by TheWonderer, Nov 19, 2016.

1. TheWonderer

TheWonderer Chieftain

I am running into this issue where I'm attacking with my combat units getting a city down to zero health and I can't take it. I nearly destroyed my army one time attacking a dead city. Could someone guess or give me some possible reasons why this is happening? I really do not understand what's going on but it could be the number of cities under martial law right now. I am playing end game so I beat the game just trying out the best units to see what I want to do next round of gameplay. Thank you!

Are we capped with the number of cities we can own? I apologize if I missed a game mechanic early but I never took this many cities in any civ game so please be aware of that!

2. Ryika

Ryika ate all the monsters.

Only Melee Units can take cities.