Why Civ V it's a good game....

Status
Not open for further replies.

uthertepes

Chieftain
... because now i can appreciate Civ IV more than yesterday.

1) Where is religion?

2) Where is espionage?

3) Where is micromanagement?

A simplification for obtain more players?

Yep. But with a very good pc.
:sarcasm:

... because now i can appreciate Civ IV more than yesterday.

1) Where is religion?

2) Where is espionage?

3) Where is micromanagement?

A simplification for obtain more players?

Yep. But with a very good pc.
:sarcasm:

So people like you can keep playing Civ IV while all of us will enjoy Civ V as it gets better and better.

i do miss religion, crossing the ocean and finding another civ worshipping an alternative religion was always a good thing

i do miss religion, crossing the ocean and finding another civ worshipping an alternative religion was always a good thing

A simulation of history of a civilization without religion it's not a good simulation.

@gunship: maybe religion of civ 4 can be upgraded in a new form, with new game mechanic. I think it's better solve a problem, not delete.

@ mike: Yes. Another loss....

@klokwerk: I don't think...imho....

Stop crying and learn to accept changes. Civ 5 >> Civ 4 in nearly every way.

People, let's refrain from calling people names. The fact that someone doesn't like this particular change doesn't mean the same person is averse to change in general. Let's all stop portraying this debate as a battle between the young and fresh and the dinosaurs. That's just so far from truth.

And I know the audience of the Civ IV subforums has dropped dramatically so I'll let you know what some people who still hang out there think of the way this debate is being led:
I may end up sticking with Civ 4 just because of the Civ 5 fans.
The Civ 5 forums are making me queasy.

Any criticism is because your old or adverse to change or an idiot. And they love the persona;l attack rather than game discussion.

It's getting creepy over there. Your even required to love Steam.

It's a great game because it does not distract me from studying/working. I don't have to fear that I will fail my next exams, because I rarely play. Thanks 2k, you saved my life.

A simulation of history of a civilization without religion it's not a good simulation.

@gunship: maybe religion of civ 4 can be upgraded in a new form, with new game mechanic. I think it's better solve a problem, not delete.

@ mike: Yes. Another loss....

@klokwerk: I don't think...imho....

Civ has never been a simulation.

Civ has never been a simulation.

Touchè.

U right. Is a turn-based strategy computer game.

But, that's not the point, and i hope u know.

I mean that a turn-based strategy game, based on concept of civilization, from prehistory throught the future, thinked and based on our planet it's incomplete WITHOUT religion.
;)

Because religion was the absolute end-all be-all of diplomacy. Can the US and Israel ever be allies? What about Japan and the US? What about Germany and Italy? What about Germany and Japan? NO BECAUSE THEY'RE DIFFERENT RELIGIONS -6

Well I for one like no religion better than bad religion system.

It would be nice if the developers could incorporate religion somehow with the city-states and all that. I definately didn't like how Civ4 had it done but it was a nice idea. Something to build on.

There is religion. Use the piety policy track. There just isn't state religion, really, or an in game definition of whether you're animist, polytheist, monotheist, whatever. Also there are temples and monasteries.

Further.. and this is a guess, I'm figuring your policy tracks affect diplomacy to some degree, like how you run into someone and they just seem to like you, run into others and they hate you. Leaders under ai probably have preferred policy tracks, and the diplo bonus might be something akin to civ4's "You have wisely chosen your civics".

Touchè.

U right. Is a turn-based strategy computer game.

But, that's not the point, and i hope u know.

I mean that a turn-based strategy game, based on concept of civilization, from prehistory throught the future, thinked and based on our planet it's incomplete WITHOUT religion.
;)

Agreed, religion has been a highly important and influential factor for human civilization. The real question is coming up with a system to fit it into a game that is simple, deep, and balanced. Civ IV's wasn't quite right, and Civ V may be underselling it. I'm sure there's a happy medium in there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom