Why do I always get to propose resolutions in WC?

Snerk

Smeghead
Even when I'm neither host nor the one with most delegates it's seems i'm up for proposing resolutions. Is this some kind of bug or am I missing something?

If the host is the one with the most votes, then the player with the second most votes also gets to propose resolutions.
If there is a tie, it's gets broken in favor of the human (in single player); but also in single player the human is the one to propose the first resolution weather he's the host or not and so you don't know when you propose something if the AI was about to propose it anyway.

If the host is the one with the most votes, then the player with the second most votes also gets to propose resolutions.
If there is a tie, it's gets broken in favor of the human (in single player); but also in single player the human is the one to propose the first resolution weather he's the host or not and so you don't know when you propose something if the AI was about to propose it anyway.

To clarify, when there is a tie (for the most votes or the secondmost votes), the tiebreaker is the Player Number. In single-player games, the human player is Player 1, so you always win the tiebreaker. If you have the most (or second most) votes or are tied for one of those, you will get to propose a resolution. If the AI's have the two most votes, then you won't get to propose anything.

It's a similar issue with Wonder building, founding a pantheon/religion, choosing an ideology, etc. The human player is Player 1 and gets first shot at any of these. (Though people often get confused because they don't realize the human is player 1 and even though it shows as being able to complete a wonder in one turn, that hasn't factored in the AI's current turn yet).

World Congress usually chooses you as the host because you have the most votes, or because you passed a proposal that you proposed. ANother reason why WC would choose you is because you helped someone else pass a proposal and you had a majority of votes to win the proposal.

I think the Wonder building was changed in Civ 5 and is now a chance instead of being straight out.. turn based.

I don't know.. I know in Civ 4/3 that was the case.

I think the Wonder building was changed in Civ 5 and is now a chance instead of being straight out.. turn based.

I don't know.. I know in Civ 4/3 that was the case.

No; the change with regard to wonders and Civ IV is that all players production was at the end of their current turn and in Civ V it's at the beginning of their turn. AIs turns are between.

Top Bottom