Why do male feminists assault women so often. Episode 3: #hetoo

metatron

unperson
Disclaimer:
Dear Canadians. I have been tough on you. I understand that. I am not targetting you here specifically.
I hope you appreciate that you are part of an increasingly shrinking sample:
- Your leader is not a woman.
- Your leader is not allready well-established as a rapist/sexual assaulter/ highly abusive philanderer (we're not looking at any specific countries here).
- Your leader is not 110 years old.
- You qualify for being a country worthy of being called a "democracy" (we're not looking at any specific countries here either).

Like, there's not that much out there. And i've allready called Macron "Emanuelle in America". And that was an actual burn in contrast to this thread.

For the record: I invite you all to write whatever critical yet - hopefully - interesting thing you may wish to write - but have previously been restrained from writing due to courtesy - about my head of government.
/disclaimer

In 1982 (presumably - Ms. Blasey Ford seems to be unsure about the year) the newest Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States may or may not have commited attempted rape.
What is not a matter of "may or may not" is that he liked beer.
He was 17 and he definitly liked beer.
We have established that much at least.

In the year 2000 one young Mr. Trudeau, who would later go on to become the Prime Minister of Canada...
You know, that Trudeau:
Spoiler :
That last one is a Halloween costume, btw.
Just to be clear.​

...in 2000 the young Mr. Trudeau, 28 at the time, among other things, attended an event, that the mainstream press has elected to call a "charity fundraiser" or "music festival".
It's a "music festival" organised by a brewery.
It's a beer fest.

While there the young Mr. Trudeau groped a female reporter, not knowing what paper she writes for.
He apologised the next day, in essence for who she was rather than what he had done.
She wrote an essay about it. Nothing happened.

Now this all resurfaced this summer. The woman in question affirmed her account but doesn't want to be involved in the story. None the less the public had some questions for PM Trudeau.
Which he answered quite awkwardly.
The media reflecting on all of this was rather weird to watch. I mean, when Buzzfeed and Breitbart involuntarily team up against more established press... it's weird.

This is the essence of the Prime Minister's reaction:
Spoiler :

Eventually he settled on a very hazy line of reasoning about how we can all learn from this and #metoo is important etc.
I felt it had a bit of an overtone of "if even his awesomeness can fail".
And after that... nothing happened.

We have a photo of the event (the fest, not the groping) and we have Trudeau's 2000 apology.
In one image actually:
Spoiler :

One Luke Gordon Field at the Beaverton brilliantly summed this all up:
"I strongly deny the groping allegations i allready admitted to and apologised for."

I am not sure what i am to make of this:
He was that man in the picture at a beer fest.
He was also the son of the former Prime Minister.
Oh, had he only known what newspaper she writes for.
Oppression equals prejudice plus power, supposedly.
He grabbed a woman by the hindpart.
At least he has done it only this single one time.
Right?
Comments? Ideas?
How exactly do we feel about how PM Trudeau has - in essence - blamed said women for her victimhood, which, by his reasoning arose from "where her head were" and "her having experienced things differently"?

Last edited:
Even the Canadian leader is a groper? Wow :eek:

A shame I've had to cross off most politicians, priests, sports stars, movie stars, and news people as role models.

Guess that leaves only doctors because their 80 hour work week doesn't give them enough time to do bad things.

Guess that leaves only doctors because their 80 hour work week doesn't give them enough time to do bad things.
Are you kidding? Doctors work with sedated patients. I don't even want to think about what could go on in such circumstances with the wrong kind of mind given such power. Luckily they rarely work alone with sedated patients, aside from dentists I guess.

To paraphrase Hotel Concierge, once feminism and social justice became the mainstream position, all the sociopaths, psychopaths, and manipulative abusers be identifying themselves a pro social justice/feminists.

Loud male self-proclaimed feminists are bad company.

.....Guess that leaves only doctors because their 80 hour work week doesn't give them enough time to do bad things.

Oh, dont trust you doc either....i recall 1988, i was finishing up my 6 week ob/gyn rotation as a third year md student at the clinics, supervised by a 3rd year resident. A very attractive woman was at the clinic for a routine follow up and the resident seemed to imply something about the "perks" of specializing in ob/gyn, then told me to perform her breast exam.....as if he was doing me some kind of favor.... i performed the exam appropriately, checked her quadrants and axillas, advising her how to perform self exams, etc.... afterwards i really felt disgusted.... didnt confront him, report him or recall speaking to anyone in my group about it.....thing is, i would not be able to identify this guy at this point. I have a vague recollection of a shorther, medium build hispanic trigueno (you pasty whities and sjws would generically say "brown") with jet black straight hair, but when i try to put a face to it (hmm....him), i recall an aquaintance from hs, who i always considered a bit of an a-hole. So much for the indelible burning of the hippocampus...

In regards to justin' s groping, seems there is no question whether it happened or not so :dunno:

Well, one of the #metoo movement leaders, Asia Argento (a woman btw), was accused and proved to have sexually assaulted a male actor. I mean, she literally slept with a 17-year-old boy and then took pictures and sent them to him later. Not cool. After that, her friend Rose McGowan, who appropriated #metoo from black women and proclaimed to be one of its leader, said the entire movement is fake bullcrap.

As you can see, there are crappy individuals everywhere. Even female feminists can be pieces of garbage. So whenever someone says "i'm a feminist" or "i'm xyz", I always take note and watch carefully what they do, so I can evaluate if they are really genuine or just riding the trends and trying to gain social capital.

To paraphrase Hotel Concierge, once feminism and social justice became the mainstream position, all the sociopaths, psychopaths, and manipulative abusers be identifying themselves a pro social justice/feminists.

Loud male self-proclaimed feminists are bad company.
Come to think about it, the clever ones will get in on the ground floor

Credentialism at its finest.

Wait, who are we imagining is being disenchanted by this? The prevailing image of Trudeau on the left is a rich boy with deeply mediocre politics. This specific stain on his personal record isn't going to be upsetting many world views.

Your leader is not 110 years old.

What country has a sitting leader that's 110 years old? Or are you alluding to Kim Il-sung's "Eternal President" title here?

Wait, who are we imagining is being disenchanted by this? The prevailing image of Trudeau on the left is a rich boy with deeply mediocre politics. This specific stain on his personal record isn't going to be upsetting many world views.
There's this big swath of the Democratic Party that cheerleads for all the "see, they're better than we are" examples of Europe and Canada that make listicles. This swath is ancient and annoying af. They hear Trudeau hired 50% women on for his cabinet and are satisfied, briefly, with the world, for they can then try to shame the rest of us into being more like that, without ever checking back to realize we don't value their take enough to be shamed.

So whenever someone says "i'm a feminist"
then I'll be double plus careful, because they're likely trying to rape me.

Why else would the lion pretend to be a gazelle?

There's this big swath of the Democratic Party that cheerleads for all the "see, they're better than we are" examples of Europe and Canada that make listicles. This swath is ancient and annoying af. They hear Trudeau hired 50% women on for his cabinet and are satisfied, briefly, with the world, for they can then try to shame the rest of us into being more like that, without ever checking back to realize we don't value their take enough to be shamed.
Well, sure. But are they a presence on CFC? What minds are being blown by this revelation?

That's 'cause we are better than you.:smug:

Fun fact - the sovereign nation with the largest percentage of female national legislators, cabinet ministers, judges, and management level civil servants is Rwanda. Is the infamous and controversial Paul Kagame, the man who ended the Rwandan Genocide, but killed a whole bunch of civilians himself, and built up the country out ashes economically to one of the strongest and fastest growing in Africa in such a couple decades, but with an authoritarian clip and intolerance of political opposition (a Lee Kwan-yew figure, basically) a male feminist for First World liberals to admire?

Fun fact - the sovereign nation with the largest percentage of female national legislators, cabinet ministers, judges, and management level civil servants is Rwanda. Is the infamous and controversial Paul Kagame, the man who ended the Rwandan Genocide, but killed a whole bunch of civilians himself, and built up the country out ashes economically to one of the strongest and fastest growing in Africa in such a couple decades, but with an authoritarian clip and intolerance of political opposition (a Lee Kwan-yew figure, basically) a male feminist for First World liberals to admire?

As with all things, local context matters greatly. People are rarely extremist in all things. There are things that even devout Republicans in the US aren't totally mustache-twirly about.

I think you can admire good things that bad people do, and the various degrees surrounding that.

So whenever someone says "i'm a feminist" or "i'm xyz", I always take note and watch carefully what they do

What about if I say I'm a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd wave feminist, but feels the 4th wave is completely nuts and don't support them in any way? That's not true, I support the fight against legitimate abuses, but not the ones that seem fake or obviously politically motivated.

And I know this is going to seem shocking, but being groped is not so bad. I've been groped in a bar before. Yet I still live to tell the tale.

Top Bottom