Why do so-called feminists sexually assault women so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure once Ben Affleck resigns from the Global Feminism Committee, and it denounces sexual violence, it can begin to recover from the damage he's done in his tenure there. I don't know why Judith Butler put up with him for so long.

Ok, let's switch gears here:

So we have here, in this thread, and i am sure there are more on the board, all these people who either self-identify as "feminists" or at least have great sympathy and wouldn't exactly mind to be mislabeled as such under normal circumstances.

So why was there no thread about Weinstein?
Why was there no thread about Affleck?
Why did the evil heritic have to come along and make one on such uncomfortable terms?

And this is a trend, mind you. Most threads about issues that relate to "feminism" or women's issues generally are started by people who aren't exactly the foremost preachers of "feminist" gospel on the board.
And usually these threads are made on terms more conciliatory than this one here (in case you wanted to claim grief was the motivation).
Why is that, in your view?

Because nobody who is at all familiar with the social dynamics of sexual violence and the way pretty much all cultural and political fields and institutions protect powerful abusers is particularly surprised when some more Hollywood dudes turn out to be garbage?

People - this thread is dumb. Because you people are not getting to the point. This is not about feminism but mass culture.
But here comes Terx to save the thread!

@metatron
Mass culture sucks, oh who knew. Humans are made for personal relationships. But we live in massive million-numbering relations where no one knows anyone, so - oh wonder - the natural mechanisms controlling our social relations - mechanism who rest on personal relationships - do not work well, so crap happens. A lot of it. And we are drowned in hypocrisy, and superficiality and all that jazz. That is the bastard child of personal culture to you: mass culture. It sucks! But it is all we got.

All the basic complaints I see you have about feminism in this thread are as employable on any humanist cause.

With one not so tiny exception: Men can do without many faults. We can be fine not murdering or harassing people, in general. Because a functional human group always demanded those trates.
But men will always want to bone, very much, a ton of females they meet. And civilization can not do away with that..
So in this case, mass culture meets an enemy like no other.
So in this case, raw primal instincts meet crappy mass culture like in no other arena of cultural clash.
So in this case, like in no other, the faults of mass culture are as exposed as in no other arena.
And THAT, Metatron, I say, is really your problem.

Another factor is that threads on topics like sexual predators and harassers, on victims not coming forward and having difficulty being believed, on the inadequate responses of the legal and justice system, on the sheer statistical volume of abuse and harassment... things like that haven't tended to go well on this forum, historically.

I've seen threads go down paths like arguing that date rape doesn't exist, that rape is mostly done by immigrants, the biological inevitability of rape, or that false rape accusations are a common thing. Who needs that nonsense in their notifications until the inevitable point where the mods close the thread?

Edit: whoa, colours just happened

Because nobody who is at all familiar with the social dynamics of sexual violence and the way pretty much all cultural and political fields and institutions protect powerful abusers is particularly surprised when some more Hollywood dudes turn out to be garbage?

Well i remind you of Afflecks remarks on the Weinstein matter:
Spoiler :

While what you said is true and surprise is not warranted regarding the deeds per se, i would have thought that the rapid pace at which this firmest of professions was revealed to be fraudulent would be remarkable and that the contrast between the apparent behavior of the man and said profession would be troublesome for anyone with a particular interest in sexual assault prevention.

And, of course, i am not calling him Burqa Ben for no reason as you quite likely know.
In that exchange between Affleck, Maher and Harris Ben Affleck looked exactly, well, like himself:
He looked self-righteous and unreflected, irreverent of so much as there being a perspective other than his own, vain, selfish and above all: aggressive.
A man who is dominated by his ego and his aggression.

It was there for everyone to see.
For "feminists" it was inconvenient to see it.
That was in '14, the year relevant to Ms. Tendler's complains (and various other grabby business apparently).
You don't find this arrangement of events disconcerting in any way?
You really don't?

Why do you think Ben Affleck is some major feminist leader or thinker? This is really confusing. It is honestly utterly bizarre. Why do you think the mainstream American entertainment industry is the "firmest of professions"? It appears from these posts that you think feminism runs Hollywood, which is, um.

Last edited:
Why do you think Ben Affleck is some major feminist leader or thinker? This is really confusing. It is honestly utterly bizarre. Why do you think the mainstream American entertainment industry is the "firmest of professions"? It appears from these posts that you think feminism runs Hollywood, which is, um.
No, i obviously don't think that Hollywood is run by "feminists"; i think it's mostly run by movie executives and business people.
That's rather part of the point: Weinstein and Affleck both being not average.

And i meant the other kind of profession.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/profession

And for the 5th time: Intersectionality cuts both ways. So he's yours even if he pees on the rug.
Also his actual comment, which alone obviously wouldn't be enough, but it goes on the scales.

You're aware I'm neither American, a member of the entertainment industry nor a rich derpy centrist liberal, yeah?

If you wanna talk about (mis)management of sexual harassment and assault in the Australian public service, in the Australian Greens, in the offices of judges, in various football circles, in the military, in university clubs, then those are all things I've been familiar with and have had a stake in at different points, but this? Not so much.

"He's yours" says a heap about your own monomaniacal obsession with attacking "********s" (a term you seriously used), not much about anything else.

Most threads about issues that relate to "feminism" or women's issues generally are started by people who aren't exactly the foremost preachers of "feminist" gospel on the board.?
Doesn't this undercut your point that SWJ Feminists are shoving the Feminist agenda down your throat?

Doesn't this undercut your point that SWJ Feminists are shoving the Feminist agenda down your throat?
1. Stawman
2. It wouldn't.
You're aware I'm neither American, a member of the entertainment industry nor a rich derpy centrist liberal, yeah?

If you wanna talk about (mis)management of sexual harassment and assault in the Australian public service, in the Australian Greens, in the offices of judges, in various football circles, in the military, in university clubs, then those are all things I've been familiar with and have had a stake in at different points, but this? Not so much.

"He's yours" says a heap about your own monomaniacal obsession with attacking "********s" (a term you seriously used), not much about anything else.
Well, doesn't this feel symmetrical. Again.

Anyway, we have established a number of things you are not. None of which prevents you from answering the questions in post #69, does it?

Last edited:
So if you get the feminist agenda shoved down your throat, this thread seems a bit of self bukkake.
So you make a strawman, get corrected, and just go on insisting on the strawman?

People - this thread is dumb. Because you people are not getting to the point. This is not about feminism but mass culture.
But here comes Terx to save the thread!

@metatron
Mass culture sucks, oh who knew. Humans are made for personal relationships. But we live in massive million-numbering relations where no one knows anyone, so - oh wonder - the natural mechanisms controlling our social relations - mechanism who rest on personal relationships - do not work well, so crap happens. A lot of it. And we are drowned in hypocrisy, and superficiality and all that jazz. That is the bastard child of personal culture to you: mass culture. It sucks! But it is all we got.

All the basic complaints I see you have about feminism in this thread are as employable on any humanist cause.

With one not so tiny exception: Men can do without many faults. We can be fine not murdering or harassing people, in general. Because a functional human group always demanded those trates.
But men will always want to bone, very much, a ton of females they meet. And civilization can not do away with that..
So in this case, mass culture meets an enemy like no other.
So in this case, raw primal instincts meet crappy mass culture like in no other arena of cultural clash.
So in this case, like in no other, the faults of mass culture are as exposed as in no other arena.
And THAT, Metatron, I say, is really your problem.

Sorry terx, your desire to bone is a social construct, as is human nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom