Why do warlords pop instead of great general? Can it be avoided?

bertram

Chieftain
Hi
Ive just installed 2.8 and started playing julius caesar - just like the praetorians soo much... (RoM pangea map - immortal.)

However, could you explain how generating great generals/warlords has been changed?

When I collect enough GP points - the first person I pop is a great general, which I use to settle in my city for extra upgrade points.

Then wars continue and eventually pop another great person - but, instead of great general I get the new(?) warlord unit which I cannot settel in my city :-(
Is it wiser to attach it to my army-stack or using it "alone"?

I dont know if I havent understood the idea of warlords yet, but what do I do when I rather would want a general instead?

Cheers
B.

Hi
Ive just installed 2.8 and started playing julius caesar - just like the praetorians soo much... (RoM pangea map - immortal.)

However, could you explain how generating great generals/warlords has been changed?

When I collect enough GP points - the first person I pop is a great general, which I use to settle in my city for extra upgrade points.

Then wars continue and eventually pop another great person - but, instead of great general I get the new(?) warlord unit which I cannot settel in my city :-(
Is it wiser to attach it to my army-stack or using it "alone"?

I dont know if I havent understood the idea of warlords yet, but what do I do when I rather would want a general instead?

Cheers
B.

This is a known bug with the warlords component, but there's no fix yet. you can either put up with it, or disable warlords. the warlord you spawned should be an (S) type you can't use alone, so attach it to a unit to give access to great general promotions, since they don't settle.

The warlord (S) is also buildable, so if you want a great general promoted unit, you can get one without doing the extra fighting, there's also the plain warlords, which come with a builtin GG promo and can't attach.

Thanks for the info, os79

it seems I cant get rid of it in my current game:
"However..... the placement of the mod is placed at the old location in Vincentz folder so the Warlords that came with 2.8 should be deleted and old savegames are not compatible...." (vincentz from the link you gave).

:sad:

Top Bottom