Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I moved here to be with my significant other

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters

mordhiem

Quantum Physicist
Just wondering why you are living where you currently do.

I moved 10 months ago because my dad had to relocate to a new job. We the children didn't get a whole lot of say in the matter. :(

Though both 3 & 5 apply, 5 was the greater priority in the decision making.

Though now that I'm here I am quite fond of it, and don't plan on leaving again unless the proper oppertunity arrives.

I live in rural Central PA, USA. Born here, grew up here, came of age here, attended Penn State, became cynical and hit the road. Got married and lived in some amazingly beautiful places(Vermont, Northern Minnesota, Upstate NY) Had some fine jobs. started having kids and really yearned for my home community. Moved back a year ago, bought a house 4 miles from my parents. Never moving again. Now my children will be able to grow up knowing their aunts and uncles and grandparents. I am in a community that I like. There's No Place Like Home.

5 and 6, four years ago.

Had a choice of universities, and chose one in this area because it's nice.

Technically the first option, because I've always lived here.
But in fact option six would be appropriate as well as would be option five, because I do think that this is a nice place and I thus I stayed here for the university.

I live here strictly because I (we) love it. We're having our first child soon, so it's likely we'll move to be near family in the upcoming years. Fortunately, we already have already chosen our next home just outside of London. We're very fortunate to have choices like this available to us.

I've lived here for the greater part of my life. I just am here.

Well, I do go to University here, but the reason for that was that this was the university closest to home (I grew up 20 miles from here), so I guess both 1 and 5 would apply But then again, I haven't lived here for my whole life, only 19 out of 21 years. The first two I lived in Norway.

I've lived here my whole life, but am gradually getting away from here. I go to school 100 km from here, and have started to look for an apartment, but Gothenburg is an expensive city to live in when you don't have job and your parents don't want finanse it:(

Originally posted by Perfection
I couldn't afford an apartment
:lol: :lol:

I live here because I was born here, my family's never moved, and I'm not old enough to leave the nest and go off on my own little way.

I moved here to fulfil a deal that I made with one of my goddesses.

I moved here with my parents when I was five/six. That was fifteen years ago. I did move to Dublin two years ago to go to college but moved back at the start of this summer as it was too expensive. Hopefully moving next year cause this area has gone to crap the last couple of years.

the univesity alternative.

Voted: other. Moved out here almost 6 years ago because I wanted ocean with my mountains. It's warm enough to have palm trees... so I almost voted for the "nice place" but it's got too much smog, too many people, earthquakes, droughts, mudslides (between droughts), tornadoes, riots, did I mention earthquakes? But still... I like it here.

Oh, and the job thing, too... Enough that I couldn't decide which was bigger so "other."

I'm still waiting for the bus. :ack:

I was born and grew up here in the Twin Cities, moved with my family while I was in high school to Pennsylvania, lived in various places on the East coast when I moved out on my own, lived in Japan for three years while in the Navy, went back to the East Coast and moved around frequently (and spent a year in Guatemala), then finally, almost three years ago, decided to move back to the Twin Cities--and have been here since.

So in short, because it was home once, I've made it my home again--and am glad I did!

The thing is DON'T want to live here but I'm old enough (and finacially independant enough) to do so

Top Bottom