Why do you stick to Civ1 and its exp packs?

I only play Civ1 with the two extra "exp packs", because the espionage system is more sophisticated than in civ4. Also the ability to colonize the galaxy and meeting alien civilizations is something I haven't seen in other parts of civ.

What expansion packs? :confused::confused::confused:

I don't have a clue to what this post is about...
Maybe they're confusing the original Civ with Civ II or III?
Perhaps they are deluded and think C2 is the Original, that would explain the colonization comment. No CivDOS:er in his right mind would attempt something as sophisticated as colonizing Alpha Centauri, trying such a thing is would be pure madness. As everyone knows, it's all about heaving slightly diverse scraps of junk into space! :)

Perhaps they are deluded and think C2 is the Original, that would explain the colonization comment. No CivDOS:er in his right mind would attempt something as sophisticated as colonizing Alpha Centauri, trying such a thing is would be pure madness. As everyone knows, it's all about heaving slightly diverse scraps of junk into space! :)

Good point! :)

I don't know for the others, but my reply was meant sarcastically. I still think the original Civ is the best civ though.

I don't really miss the game, so much as I miss the days when I didn't really know what I was doing and everything seemed crazy. Knowing that cause and effect were related, but not understanding by what process they were related.

Those were the glory days. Now, even though I still love them all... I can't help but feel slightly mechanistic.

But in all fairness, perhaps he meant Win Civ and Civ Net. I love all three!

stwils
I guess CivNet could be considered an "expansion" in a way since it adds multiplayer functionality.

I just posted it for no reason, not thinking D'Artagnan or anybody would come here.
Moreover that is a very condescending position, completely dismissing our whole sub-community here. We have a lot of active members here who still to this day appreciate Sid's work very much. This is also where it started for a lot (most?) of us. :(

Swein says "Just quit civ completely."

He suggests other TBS games.

I'm sorry. I CAN'T quit Civ! It's such a part of me.

Why would he suggest quitting Civ on this forum?????

stwils

If I quit Civing, the next day I would commit suicide.

It is one of few things that I can pinch and pull and dissect with my mind that doesn't end in an irritating shouting match.

Okay, there was that time last week when Shaka backstabbed me, but it was still early in the game and I could just restart. Say that about Forums. :lol:

Top Bottom