1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Why does irrigating my grassland not produce a third food?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by Dalamar, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Dalamar

Dalamar Chieftain

So did the new patch screw working territory or something? I irrigate my default 2 food 0 shield 0 gold land and it does nothing! I do not understand since it should produce three food... also mining a mountain now only gives that land a one shield bonus instead of three, does anyone have any idea what the %*&$ is going on?

2. la fayette

la fayette Chieftain

Dalamar
    Your government is probably despotism.

3. Dalamar

Dalamar Chieftain

Sigh thank you very much Lafayette, which ironically enough is where i live, well in Indiana, go Purdue... i just dont see why your goverment type influences irrigation but... that seems small as to helicopters not being able to land on carriers... never noticed the despotism penalty i guess cause i normally rush to republic...

Thanks