Why does no leader animations = no leader audio?

contrasupra

Chieftain
Pretty much the title - my computer is a little too slow to run leader animations (and I don't really like how long they take anyway), but I'm always disappointed that I can't hear their voices. Is there a reason these have to go together?

I am no developer, but I see no reason to link the two - no other audio is linked to the graphics setting.

I only recently was able to start playing with animations and I think getting to hear the audio is as much of an improvement as the leader animations themselves.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one out there running a machine that can't handle the animations. Haha

I can only think that maybe it would seem a little strange to have a leader talking but not moving.

I usually play at night when everyone is asleep so don't normally have volume on anyway for this to be a problem for me.

Me, I play with all leader animations off and I manually disabled voice acting (though Sean Bean comes back with a vengeance in the victory/defeat videos).

Well I play with the Leader animations on, I think Firaxis should add the option in the settings if your leader animation is off, have the ability to hear the Leader audio but only have this option when the leader animation is off.

Top Bottom