why does the Ai suck on prince?? (modded game)

bladex

Emperor
it's turn 300 none of the ai are making gold and i'm flying past them in tech. no one has an army to challenge me also the ai are taking nearly 1 minute each to end thier turn! :mad:

Uh, the AI being poor as dirt on Prince is normal, but such ridiculous negative GPT might mean a bug... does one of the AI have extremely high positive GPT? (like... 2k+)

You shouldn't play beyond the turn limit and/or with mods that the AI doesn't play properly.
Maintenance is a function of turn, everytime I see such screenshots the player is like in 2100AD and if the AI is passive it will keep making units while getting triple digits negative gpt.

the ai has been bad pretty the whole game though

these are the mods i was using last game

You have a few mods there that are DLL mods. You can only ever have one DLL mod activated at the same time. More than that and weird bugs/crashes start to happen. Don't know if that's whats causing the AI to play so badly for you, but its something worth pointing out anyway.

The DLL mods in question from that list are DLL - Various Mod Components, Civ4 Diplo Features and Less Diplomatic Diplomacy Responses. Keep only one of them activated.

Ah well if your using whoward's Civ4 Diplo Features with his DLL then that's fine.

Also, I just checked and Less Diplomatic Diplomacy Responses actually isn't a DLL mod. I was thinking of a similarly named mod, So that one is OK.

If its AI improvements you want you may want to check out the Community Patch (CP) project, which has it own sub-forum on here - http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=497

It is a mod that inherits all of whoward's DLL features (also includes the Artifical Unintelligence mod from Steam) while also aiming to improve the AI. They keep it very well updated too. Check out this list of what AI improvements have been made already - https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3361g2opbm83i2/Community%20Patch%20Guide%20and%20Changelog.pdf?dl=0

Not sure what you expect on Prince. the AI is bad to make it easier for you. Complaining about an easy AI on an Easy level is kinda stupid. Go up one level where the AI gets a little fairer help (I think its on the same level as you then). That`s why difficulty levels are there.

First off, you're playing on Prince. That alone is enough to understand why the AI is behaving bad. Second, you have building pack mods. More buildings = less GPT.

Playing on an easy difficulty and with a boatload of mods changes AI behavior to the point of suboptimal, even for an AI.

Not sure how this is surprising.

the game is boring without mods

not everyone is an expert like you :rolleyes:

i'm done here

I'm by no means an expert, I just played my first deity game and won but I just never found the AI to be smart on lower difficulties, they rarely fight or even expand well and when they do fight it's easy to out maneuver them. Getting the tech lead is simple and you can get almost every wonder if you really wanted

Top Bottom