Why does this board time out so fast?

Yzen Danek

Warlord
I should have learned my lesson by now and started copying all posts I write before clicking on the Submit button, but...

is there a reason this board times out your being logged in so fast?

Seriously, if I pause even for 10 or 15 minutes in the middle of writing my post, or if I write something particularly lengthy in response, when I try to submit the post, I'm no longer logged in. Is this intentional? Most message boards keep you logged in until you close the browser window, even ones of identical layout to this one.

I don't have this problem at all, using IE/Firefox on Windows or Firefox on Linux. So I suspect the problem is on your end somewhere? Perhaps your browser is set to purge cookies after a certain interval?

Interesting. I use this same board format all the time (I'm a forum mod for a particular Everquest Ranger class board), and this is the only one where I've ever had the problem.

I wonder if MS Anti-Spyware is kicking me off.

I haven't logged in for months. Not sure I even iknow my password. I'm almost 100% sure it's on your end.

I have never logged off before...

And yes, you do need to check the remember me box, otherwise it will log you out every 1-5 minutes. (Did that test in school)

It has never time out for me.

But if you are writing a really long post, it's a good idea to compose it in notepad first so you have a copy just in case.

I havnt logged in or out for ages when i do its when i intentionally clear cookies, internet history etc. so i have to get a new password everytime.

Top Bottom