1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Why does this stupid 3.19 patch for bts keep wanting me to uninstall bts?!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by wolfensoul9, Nov 17, 2012.

1. wolfensoul9

wolfensoul9 Warlord

EDIT: Argh, just found out from my mother that the base CIV IV was a digital download, not a disc. I'm assuming this is the cause for all the following problems?

Bah, this is so enormously frustrating. Bts installed from disc. Using the 3.19 patch setup dowloaded from firaxis' site. As soon as I click it, it asks if I want to remove all files associated with this program, and proceeds to uninstall bts. Why is the patch installer UNinstalling?

I've already acquiesed and uninstalled bts from it, re-installed bts, then used the 3.19 setup AGAIN, and then it decided to actually perform its function and install 3.19. It said it successfully installed it, even checked the "about this build" to confirm, but after closing the game, and re-opening, it went back down to 3.00!! Clicked the 3.19 setup installer, and now it's back to the whole "let's uninstall rather than install" crap again.

Help?

Using Windows 7 64 bit.

EDIT: After reading that some people who had this problem fixed it by updating to 3.17 first, then 3.19, I decided to try that. I downloaded and ran the 3.17 patch from firaxis site, which promisingly enough decided to not try and uninstall things, but rather perfromed its intended function and showed the screens saying that the patch was being installed. Hooray! I was hopeful after seeing "The installation update is complete", blah blah, "the version is now 3.17", that everything would be going smoothly, however to my astonishment, upon checking the version in the "about this build" COMPLETELY CONTRARY TO WHAT WAS EXPRESSED TO ME, the version remained at 3.00. What the hell?!

And to top it all off, for some reason now the 3.19 patch installer decided to suddenly not want to unistall things, but went through the same process as the 3.17 one, pretending to actually be installing the patch, saying the version was now 3.19 in the installer, and me checking to see that no, no it was not. For god's sake.

Please, no one tell me to unistall civ IV, bts, or anything of the sort. I have already done this several times, spending all of today working on this ****. It doesn't help. And the in-game updater is just as bad.

WHY IS THIS DAMN GAME REFUSING TO BE PATCHED?!

2. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Correct.

You either have all digital downloads or all disc versions.