Why doesent anyone want my technolegy?

Gopal

Chieftain
Other Civs dont like my techs I think there are many reasons for this... I think it has to do with me being victorious in early wars or something...

Someone please help how can I keep other countrys comfortable trading with me?

What do you mean they don't want your tech? Do they offer you a world map for it? Even if they are bankrupt they'll still accept the tech in exchange for a map if your feeling generous.

Previous wars shouldn't effect trading techs (except for GPT deals), usually the AI will trade techs unless they have no gold and thier world map is way behind yours -in which case you may get no deal messages - they may offer ridiculous deals (like we offer Monarchy - AI offers 3 gold) if thats all they can afford.

It also depends on what you are asking for your techs - the trade advisor is usually right in indicating what the AI will trade - but remember if you have been in war you may have a bad reputation and if you have then a gold per turn deal will never be accepted no matter how favourable to the AI.

IF you are still having problems please give more details like what is the trade the AI won't accept.

Ok that dident help me =\ this problem eventualy happens to me every time I play.
I will give you the examples from the lastime I played...
Im playing as the French (on regent or warlord) and have just conqoured Germany I and have just Discovered the Aztecs I decide to trade them Literacy (a tech that no other nation has) for contact with Iriquois, Americans,Persians, and the Chiniese
and the weel. As soon as I made the deal Literacy wasent even worth any other tech or any amout of coin.

It seems that this seems to only happen when im seginficantly dwarfing everyone elses scores or when there doing the same to me.

maybe the aztecs traded off the tech. Or maybe the other civs haven't learned writing yet so they can't get literacy. Or maybe they are bankrupted like Hawkster and marceagleye said.

Nope that answer is invalid they have Money and techs but they just wont trade and I got to them before the Aztecs could they have learned writing and Literacy shows up in the bear on the right so theres no common reason why they wish not todo buissness with me. I guess I will just continue with thinking all the nations have a conspiracy against me and thats why the enemy forces always arrive the turn before you build the next defencive unit and colonise islands the turn before I do its really wierd and really pisses me off I think my brother gave me this game as a gag like a dribblecup

did you click the option that says "What will you offer me for <tech you want to trade>" ?

Maybe you're asking them for too much.

I am observant... look at best they may have offered something like 25 coins when just earlyer that turn it was worth 500... all im saying thats what happened im not lieing I try all available trade options every time when I feel there asking for too much or there offering too little.
the solution to this problem would have to be something wierd like there not comfortable trading with me if they have no contact with my nabor (the english)

I've seen this too although not as pronounced. If you have a tech exclusively then the first civ you offer it to will offer loads of cash for it. However the rest will offer much less. Probably because they know they can trade with someone else for it.

You should check out who has the most to offer and offer it to them first. The diplomacy screen does seem to possess a number of anomalies though.

Tech value is based on how many civs that they know have it based on total number of civs remaining. Obviously, once you start selling it, they know that more have it (if they have contact with each other that is), and the supply rises, lowering price.

I know the exact formula is on these forums somewhere, but can't remember where I saw it.

some points which may be relevant

1.always trade on your turn - if it is the AIs turn and you do the trade it will be traded on between the ai civs before it comes back to your turn - so you lose out

2.if the AI civ is close to discovering the tech for themselves the price will drop - a tech may be worth say 150g on one turn but a couple of turns later only be worth 50g or even nothing if they are close to getting it for themselves.

3.The AI civs do get trader bonuses for trade between themselves - they get the techs cheaper than you do.

Top Bottom