1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Why don't new civilizations show up in the graph?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by FaithPlusOne, Dec 12, 2007.

1. FaithPlusOne

FaithPlusOne Chieftain

After I've encountered a certain number of Civs (usually 2-4) any further civilizations I meet will not show up in any of the graphs (score, power, etc.) Not sure if I should be putting this in the technical problems but I have the latest official BTS patch and Bhruic's unofficial 3.13 Patch running right now. I did a (admittedly quick) search of the forums and couldn't seem to find any threads resolving this problem so here it is.

2. Benford's Law

Benford's Law Warlord

Are you spending any espionage points on the new Civs you meet?

3. 50_dollar_bag

50_dollar_bag Imitation Louis Vuitton

yeah you need to spend a certain amount of espionage points on an rival AI before you can see demographics on the target civ. It depends a lot on the size of the civ and how many espionage points(EPs) they are spending on you. At the beginning of the game only your palace contributes EPs and it only produces 4 EPs so meeting more than 4 rivals means some civs wont' have points spent on them unless you adjust the allocation of the points in the Espionage screen. To generate more you either adjust the slider or build courthouses(2 points) jails (4 +50%) Security Bureaus(8 points) or Intelligence agencies (8 point +50%).

4. FaithPlusOne

FaithPlusOne Chieftain

Oh really? I thought the demographics was entirely separate from espionage like the scoreboard. Thanks a lot guys.

5. mystyfly

mystyfly Knight of Cydonia

in bts, you now can only see the enemies' demographics when you have a certain # of eps against him

6. 77alex77

77alex77 Chieftain

The scoreboard is also not entirely separate from espionage. If you spend enough esp-points on an opponent the scoreboard will display the tech your opponent is currently researching.

7. Gooblah

Gooblah Heh...

I was under the impression the OP was talking about the Power, GNP, Production, Food, and Espionage Graphs. I don't think you need EP to see opponents on those...

8. 77alex77

77alex77 Chieftain

I'm sure you need EPs to see the power graph and I also think you need EPs for all other demographics. I remember a poster in another thread was a bit annoyed because he tried to achieve a cultural victory and he wasn't sure about his position in the 'race' because he didn't have enough EPs on his opponents.