Why have i not won??????

Thomazo

Chieftain
I am the only person in control of my capital, don't say "are you sure?" Because I am sure and nobody else has won the game before this, yes I am sure but I did NOT get the victory message after I captured Berlin (the last capital left) In hall of fame it says "defeat" on my game although I just won.

WHAT THE ACTUAL F*** IS GOING ON, I WANT MY ACHIEVMENTS????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you sure someone else didn't win using a different victory condition beforehand?

Are you playing BNW? If so, the domination victory condition is no longer "last player in possession of your original capital." Now the victory condition requires that YOU control every original capital.

Are you sure someone else didn't win using a different victory condition beforehand?

This would seem like the only possible solution.

To the OP, try checking out the game notes they may give you an indication of what happened.

EDIT - Ah! I don't play BNW, maybe Browd has the answer!

Are you playing BNW? If so, the domination victory condition is no longer "last player in possession of your original capital." Now the victory condition requires that YOU control every original capital.
really? that is it then as Poland control Ulundi, thanks for your help. It's strange that it isn't updated on the civilopedia, on there it still saying that you need to be the last one controlling the capital

I am using BNW

As Browd has said, it seems from the above that Poland has control of the Zulu Capital. I don't know why someone else won, but it seems to explain why you didn't.

Bah- beaten to it. Apologies.

As Browd has said, it seems from the above that Poland has control of the Zulu Capital. I don't know why someone else won, but it seems to explain why you didn't.

Bah- beaten to it. Apologies.

I have to rush for Ulundi now, hopefully I can do it before Bismarck finishes his spaceship. Bad news are that my entire army is on an another continent

Why has it been changed though? I liked the previous DV better

Because before you could just let everybody else take each other's capitals and then grab the last one. Nothing take dominating about that, except for that one city. It was a victory by technicality.

Nothing better than nuking the remaining 3 capitals and sending X-Coms in afterwards :D

But yeah, the old domination Victory was just stupid. I remember a game where Alexander had taken over the world, but lost his capital very early on and never retook it - I, going for a science victory, pretty much won the game just by doing nothing when he captured the last AI... and that even worked when the runaway didn't lose its capital - just park a few nukes near his capital, wait until the last enemy-capital is taken, nuke the capital a few times, take it, you win without him being able to do anything against it even if he has 10x your unit strength and 20x more land than you. ;)

I still play G&K, and usually go Dom VC - and I don't consider it a Dom victory unless I hold all the other capitals.

Top Bottom