1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Huayna Capac (Inca) ranked as worst?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by andreasb, Jun 2, 2009.

1. smackthewise

smackthewise Prince

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Thank god I never went to any of those sites when I started. Its hilarious to read now, but if I had taken that seriously......... I mean..... The guy got rated as Dan Quayle!!! And HE is doing this guide?

2. scyt4l3

scyt4l3 Short Fused Invader

My girlfriend could pwn him and she only play sporadically since a few weeks. Really this is an insult to the intelligence of the average gamer. Just for the sake of it, I hate him.

3. Iranon

Iranon Deity Whipping Boy

That guide might actually be useful if you assume the author is ALWAYS wrong.

Regarding Inca... the only bad thing about them is that they can inhibit your growth as a player because they allow you to keep doing things many players recommend ditching on higher levels.

For example, neighbours can be taken out efficiently with a warrior rush up to Prince... it ceases to be pretty from Monarch upwards because AI archers will decimate warriors. Incas can do that on Deity.
    At higher levels, defending against barbarians becomes an important skill... Incas have a period of grace because archers hardly threaten them.
    Balancing culture against growth/production-oriented infrastructure is a usually something that requires a little thought... oops, our Unique Building makes that point moot.

4. Shurdus

Shurdus Am I Napoleon?

The analysis of pretty much everything in that thread is appalling. It suggests you can culture flip cities if you whip temples out as fast as you can. Take my wooping +1 culture, you neighbor! Your cities belong to me now, mwuahahahahaha!

Disregard anything he says, the guy has no idea what he was talking about.

5. AlphaShard

AlphaShard Emperor

But it DOES have a negative effect on the cities morale. Is he not paying attention to the +1:mad: for 8 turns?? This statement is just beyond stupid.

It seems this guys problem is he doesn't look at the bigger picture long run of the game, just what he can get NOW. He also seems too hung up on the historical meaning of each of the civics and not looking into the value of the what Slavery can bring. I admit to being ignorant of it at first but really if he did his homework as any "professional" reviewer would do he'd find out why Slavery was a good civic to use.

I haven't used the Incan's much myself but I will say that the computer doesn't play them very well then, I've always seen Monty as the bigger threat then Cupac.

6. Big_I

Big_I Chieftain

I just want to know these three things about the reviewer.

What difficulty was he playing on (I hope for his pride's sake it wasn't settler or chieftain)?

How many times did he play Civ4 vanilla and BTS before reviewing it?

Finally, how much did he get paid to publish this?

7. Shurdus

Shurdus Am I Napoleon?

I lolled at his analysis of merchantilism - that is, I found that one the most funny. He does not even consider the fact that your neighbors might run merchsantilism too, or that they will close borders, that their routes are blocked for a long time, etc. Did this guy even think about writng all this for more than a few seconds?

About slavery: "in strict game terms, this is better than Tribalism because the former at least gives you an added option for the same price."

It is too easy to pick it apart really. He even foregoes the fact that you need to revolt to get slavery. If it sucks so bad, would this not be a very very bad move then? Maybe some one here speaks idiot, but I for one cannot follow the logic of this guy.

8. andreasb

andreasb No Jack Bauer GG? Really?

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one that is a bit confused by what that guy writes...

And yes..I will definitely stick to civfanatics strategies and guides from now on!

9. hexem3117

hexem3117 Warlord

My favorite part is that his definitions seem to be coming from a High School Freshman World History Class :lol:

Pray this guy doesn't have a job anymore...

10. siggboy

siggboy Monarch/Epic

Wow, Gamespy don't seem to have actual editors who might, God forbid, review articles before they publish them.

Inca = super strong
    that guide = super wrong

11. Antilogic

Antilogic --

You know, I'm thinking of starting a challenge thread. You have to play through a game I set up using either...

(a) The Gamespy article as your bible, and you must follow its advice to the letter.
    (b) Attacko's Strategy Guide, with the same stipulation as above.

12. Ghpstage

Ghpstage Deity

Clearly an uneven matchup as Attacko can win on diety with just a single scout! :lol:

13. Antilogic

Antilogic --

Indeed. As he would say, Attacko's guide is the superior.

14. Ramesses

Ramesses Ruler. Visionary. Pimp.

I don't want anyone to think I'm actually defending the guy, but...

If you're playing a Spiritual civ, and not playing the BtS expansion, then there is no reason not to switch to Slavery right away.

Just saying.

15. war ensemble

war ensemble Warlord

The guy's walkthrough is using BTS, though, so there always remains the negative "slave revolt" attached to the civic.

16. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

And he's not Spiritual, he's playing as Zara.

17. Ai Shizuka

Ai Shizuka King

Or playing BtS with the random events garbage turned off.

18. Hereditary Rule

Hereditary Rule Warlord

19. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

I am not the worst!

But seriously tho, the Inka really are the best civ if you are a builder and build a crap load of cottages.

20. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

lol, so basically you ask the player to commit suicide? Anyhoo, that actually does sound kinda fun. I'd really like to see how the game turns out, especially abiding by the gamespy article (I think I might actually read through it now :D).