Why I am Opposed To Immigration

Scots-Irish. Don't need a whole lot of statistics for them.

There's a bunch, though! I've gone through some of them myself, crunched the numbers as best a humanities students was able. What's interesting is, the Scots-Irish were mostly a menace to the Scots-Irish. Violent encounters between the Scots-Irish and other ethnic groups are only slightly more prevalent than violent encounters between any two ethnic groups; their already-exaggerated reputation for brawling was intra-communal, and tended to express a more individualistic and forceful approach to conflict-resolution than other early Americans were used to, one which was broadly shared in back-country society, rather than a fundamentally anti-social orientation. The Scots-Irish acquired a unique reputation for violence simply because they were overwhelmingly found in the back-country, while other ethnic groups were found almost everywhere along the Eastern seaboard.

Similar nuance has to be applied to any immigrant groups. Even if the statistics bear out a higher level of delinquency, you have to go deeper than just writing them off as a bunch of trouble-makers.

Last edited:
Similar nuance has to be applied to any immigration group. Even if the statistics bear out a higher level of delinquency, you have to go deeper than just writing them off as a bunch of trouble-makers.

Pff, your "nuance" will shrink like a moth in flames when exposed to the sheer cogency of Mouthwash's Rassenkunde.

There's a bunch, though! I've gone through some of them myself. What's interesting is, the Scots-Irish were mostly a menace to the Scots-Irish. Violent encounters between the Scots-Irish and other ethnic groups are only slightly more prevalent than violent encounters between any two ethnic groups; their well-earned reputation for brawling was intra-communal, and tended expressed a more forceful approach to conflict-resolution than other early Americans were used to, rather than a fundamentally anti-social orientation.

That's because the Scots-Irish were on unproductive frontier land. I can imagine how they would have fared in Massachusetts or New York.

Similar nuance has to be applied to any immigration group. Even if the statistics bear out a higher level of delinquency, you have to go deeper than just writing them off as a bunch of trouble-makers.

There are a myriad of reasons for why certain cultures are violent. Unfortunately, they don't go away when some other culture gives them a parliament and abortion rights.

Last edited:
That's because the Scots-Irish were on unproductive frontier land. Ask yourself how they would have fared in Massachusetts or New York.
Well, yes, it was contextual. That's my point, people don't act outside of their historical context. Attributing violence to "bad culture" isn't simply an incorrect answer, it's a non-answer, it represents a refusal to engage with what's actually happening.

There are a myriad of reasons for why certain cultures are violent. Unfortunately, they don't go away when some other group gives them a parliament and abortion rights.
Not immediately, but anybody who expects social policy to work like a magic wand was going to be disappointed regardless.

The Scots-Irish have still failed to properly integrate. Trump's mom was Scottish (thus calling into question his eligibility to be President) and obviously Trump is not in tune with American values, going so far as questioning the greatness of America. All those bloviaters on Fox with Irish surnames are obviously out of touch with American values as is that O' Keefe agitator who went as far as committing felonious acts at a U.S. Senator's home office. NINA - deport now, deport often.

Last edited:
There are a myriad of reasons for why certain cultures are violent. Unfortunately, they don't go away when some other group gives them a parliament and abortion rights.

Tell me about it. The Judeo-Christians have been bombing away for centuries now, and many of them have had abortion rights for over half a century.

Well, yes, it was contextual. That's my point, people don't act outside of their historical context. Attributing violence to "bad culture" isn't simply an incorrect answer, it's a non-answer, it represents a refusal to engage with what's actually happening.

Yes, some currently dysfunctional cultures might have worked very well under their original circumstances. But we can't give them back those circumstances and it wouldn't even be ethical to do so in many cases. So actively working to change a culture is really the only way to help those people.

Not immediately, but anybody who expects social policy to work like a magic wand was going to be disappointed regardless.

Ah, we just have to wait a century or two and all this will go away.

So actively working to change a culture is really the only way to help those people.

Oh so you mean you take the exact stance toward 'violent cultures' as you constantly decry liberals for taking toward conservatives?

Oh so you mean you take the exact stance toward 'violent cultures' as you constantly decry liberals for taking toward conservatives?

No. You can't change a culture through contempt or legislation. There has to be a grassroots change (religion usually plays a role in that).

Until Israel can go a reasonable period of time without committing violent atrocities, we should question the religious culture of that region of the world and keep the door closed to religious types from that area.

No. You can't change a culture through contempt or legislation.

Go ask a senior citizen how they would like it if you took away their Social Security. For that matter, go visit a legal weed state. Or attend a gay wedding.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make.

We see culture adjust to legislation.

I mean that you can't make people value something by enshrining it into law.

Weirdly enough you can.

You can also create world peace by passing UN resolutions to that effect.

You can also create world peace by passing UN resolutions to that effect.
Not many people identify themselves with the United Nations.

Top Bottom