Why I Believe In Free Speech inc Nazis

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Mussolini's spelling teacher has arrived.

It was a little joke based around pointing out where you were wrong in a post about admitting where you were wrong. It's like poetry. It rhymes.

You realize, of course, the rest of the world had "religious states," too, that were just as conformist, oppressive, intolerant of opposition (and willing to levy violence, atrocities, and wars against such), and also had many retrograde and institutionalized bigoted ideas, and VERY few gave women better roles in society, and most others were just as horrible to LGBTQ individuals, or assigned them specific niche roles that they considered acceptable, but were usually highly compromised or restricted in lifestyle, sometimes to the point of untenability - these were just different religions in different nations. But maybe you, like so many nowadays, are hung up on the idea that all societal evil derives from Abrahamic religions alone, and all other religions "cannot be judged," and in fact should be romanticized in retrospect in comparison. I could be wrong, but that sounds like what you're hinting at.

Ever noticed that modern liberism is in countries that are former Christian nation's?

The Christians were the liberals for the last 2000 years lol.

Not liberal by modern definitions but yeah wasn't pleasant in most of the world.

You realize, of course, the rest of the world had "religious states," too, that were just as conformist, oppressive, intolerant of opposition (and willing to levy violence, atrocities, and wars against such), and also had many retrograde and institutionalized bigoted ideas, and VERY few gave women better roles in society, and most others were just as horrible to LGBTQ individuals, or assigned them specific niche roles that they considered acceptable, but were usually highly compromised or restricted in lifestyle, sometimes to the point of untenability - these were just different religions in different nations. But maybe you, like so many nowadays, are hung up on the idea that all societal evil derives from Abrahamic religions alone, and all other religions "cannot be judged," and in fact should be romanticized in retrospect in comparison. I could be wrong, but that sounds like what you're hinting at.
I'm genuinely at a loss to explain you reading "the gender binary is tied heavily to Abrahamic religions" as "no other religions have problems". It's like whataboutism, but worse somehow.

You are wrong, nevermind could be, but apparently you have a problem with me pointing that out ;) I can't get anywhere with telling you that, as you've already proven.

I'm genuinely at a loss to explain you reading "the gender binary is tied heavily to Abrahamic religions" as "no other religions have problems". It's like whataboutism, but worse somehow.

You are wrong, nevermind could be, but apparently you have a problem with me pointing that out ;) I can't get anywhere with telling you that, as you've already proven.

Main point is Christianity is a popular kicking ball online when IRL it was the liberal religion for most if the last 2000 years.

And the whole it hates science thing when most if the universities a few years back were tied to the churches.

Or when they stripped the church property it created huge social problems because the church feed the poor and orphans (this happened in England).

Early abolitionists heavily Christian and slavery never became widespread in Europe because if the churches.

But a lot if people gave axes to grind probably because they have a one sided view and the conduct of American style evangelicals.

One thing you need to realize too, is that white men don't like white women who date men with dark skin. They view us as "damaged" or something, it's a big risk. You'd be surprised at how many dates with white men went sour really fast when I told them my last boyfriend was Indian, but from what I understand it's even worse if you date someone of African descent.

For what it is worth...this isn't limited to dating. I've encountered plenty of tension with white people when they find out that the vast majority of my IRL friends are black. A lot of them seem to take that as some sort of betrayal.

I think you're playing a game of strategic implication and omission as a baiting tactic to then come out and say, "oh, you're obviously wrong and so misguided, and I'm correct as always." Would you just get over yourself. We're not on a college debating club stage competing for well-calculated points.

Main point is Christianity is a popular kicking ball online when IRL it was the liberal religion for most if the last 2000 years.

You realize that Christianity is not the only Abrahamic religion tho right?

Would you just get over yourself. We're not on a college debating club stage competing for well-calculated points.

Donald Trump could not have projected harder

For what it is worth...this isn't limited to dating. I've encountered plenty of tension with white people when they find out that the vast majority of my IRL friends are black. A lot of them seem to take that as some sort of betrayal.

This is a very weird mentality.

NZ isn't perfect but the racism is more casual for the most part.

You're way more likely to get kicked for where you come from that what you are.

Even then it's more likely to be applied to other people from the Anglosphere especially Australia, USA and UK + that order). I mean people in the UK like warm beer, USA lol, and that leaves the Aussies truly the scum of the earth and they bowl underarm in cricket.

I expect crap like that in Alabama. Worked with a guy from Alabama last year stereotypical USA frat boy.

Yes there's 3 but Islam gets a free pass and criticizing Judeaism is a bad look so....

Yes there's 3 but Islam gets a free pass and criticizing Judeaism is a bad look so....
And yet, I didn't specify Christianity.

It's also really weird why I post a relatively uncontroversial fact about Abrahamic religions and suddenly get a bunch of pushback. Honestly not the angle I was expecting.

And yet, I didn't specify Christianity.

It's also really weird why I post a relatively uncontroversial fact about Abrahamic religions and suddenly get a bunch of pushback. Honestly not the angle I was expecting.

This is ridiculous. You two are using the same tactics that Fox "News" hosts do to "hostile guests." And you also keep to your scripts, without even thought, question, or innovation. One cannot debate the dummy - you must find the ventriloquist and debate them instead.

This is ridiculous. You two are using the same tactics that Fox "News" hosts do to "hostile guests." And you also keep to your scripts, without even thought, question, or innovation. One cannot debate the dummy - you must find the ventriloquist and debate them instead.
You really should slow down, step back, and carefully read your posts. Please take this the right way, at this point I'm just trying to help ... you sound raving, and your posts make me imagine you're frothing at the mouth.

You once suggested to someone that they seek therapy, and I'm thinking that might be advice you might want to look into now for yourself? Seriously, I'm getting really worried about you. You seem like you're totally unhinged and dealing with some kind of anger issue.

Please take care of yourself.

Moderator Action: Time out, everyone. Take the weekend off to relax and improve general thread discourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom