Why Iran Should Have Nuclear Weapons

Ambidexter

Edjumacated Idjit
A Plea to the NRA: Defend Iran’s Rights.

The right to bear arms, the right to defend one's own self against an assailant who is using a weapon. Rights of the people, rights of self defense… "The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." This quotation is clearly found on the homepage of www.nra.org, the protector of the right to bear arms, and freedom to defend one’s self and one’s home and family.

Why do we bear so much agression and hostility against Iran for developing nuclear weapons? They merely want these weapons to deter the use of nuclear weapons against themselves. As seen on the NRA website, "Firearms are used three to five times more often to stop crimes than to commit them." And nuclear weapons, like firearms, stop wars before they even start. Look at the recent situation between Pakistan and India. The fact that Pakistan and India had the right to bear nuclear weapons against their invaders prevented a war from starting.

Doesn't Iran deserve to have the right to defend itself? Surely just the existence of nuclear weapons doesn't mean that we're going to have a nuclear war? I mean, has the world had a nuclear war yet? No, there has never been a nuclear war. Thankfully, we have had deterrents to nuclear war, much as guns are deterrent to crime

In the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson wrote that "all men are created equal" and "are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights. Iranians are "men" also, are they not? They have inalienable rights, as do Americans, do they not? Do all men have rights, or are rights just for Americans? Does Iran not have the right to defend itself against other countries that have nuclear weapons? Who are we to impose our will upon Iran? Who are we to impose our will on millions of handgun owners in the U.S.? We cannot and should not limit handguns, as per NRA recommendations. Neither should the NRA allow the injustice of limiting the Inalienable Rights of Iran to bear arms, either.

Just like with handguns, nukes are a deterrent. Why should we STOP Iran from having nuclear weapons, when we ourselves have them? Surely the principles of the Constitution of the United States of America can be applied on a world level as well as a country level, or individual level? Besides, aren't we trying to bring DEMOCRACY to the Middle East? I feel that the NRA should defend the Inalienable Rights of Iran, their right to bear arms, as given to them by their Creator, as their Creator has given to us, as Americans.

We, the United States of America, in trying to restrict Iran's proliferation of nuclear weapons, are imposing our will, and restricting the right to bear arms on behalf of North Korea.

I feel that the NRA should stand up for Iran, and allow them to bear arms, be they nuclear, or hand held projectiles. It is their Inalienable Right as endowed by their Creator, as Thomas Jefferson has stated. Was Thomas Jefferson wrong? Were our founding fathers WRONG? No, they weren't.

When nukes are outlawed, only outlaws will have nukes.

The NRA stands for individual rights, not governmental rights.

Interesting topic.

The 2nd Amendment does not give individuals in the United States the right to have nukes.

The idea of extending the idea of "right to bear arms" to everyone worldwide is an interesting one from a philosophical point of view. The assumption behind the 2nd amendment is "law abiding". It is quite OK, even under the broadest reading of the amendment, to regulate gun ownership by convicted criminals.

Nations like Iran, who support illegal terrorist groups, are not law abiding. If Iran has a nuclear weapon, it must be assumed that it will be used against either the United States or Isreal. Iran is not pursuing nuclear capability for defensive purposes, no matter what they say. We have a strategic advantage, and we should not give it up.

Interesting topic.

The 2nd Amendment does not give individuals in the United States the right to have nukes.

The idea of extending the idea of "right to bear arms" to everyone worldwide is an interesting one from a philosophical point of view. The assumption behind the 2nd amendment is "law abiding". It is quite OK, even under the broadest reading of the amendment, to regulate gun ownership by convicted criminals.

Nations like Iran, who support illegal terrorist groups, are not law abiding. If Iran has a nuclear weapon, it must be assumed that it will be used against either the United States or Isreal. Iran is not pursuing nuclear capability for defensive purposes, no matter what they say. We have a strategic advantage, and we should not give it up.

Didn't the US support terrorist groups in Cuba who were blowing up factories and such? Or were those legal terrorists.

Hm, Im gonna become a legal terrorist!

I don't have knowledge of that subject, do you have a link?

I'm going to guess no, the US did not support terrorist groups, by the definition of terrorist group.

I don't have knowledge of that subject, do you have a link?

I'm going to guess no, the US did not support terrorist groups, by the definition of terrorist group.

Well, I suppose it could be considered a Rebel Group, however, if Rebels sue Terrorist Methods then they are still terrorists.

I dont have a link but I recall it was one of the US's Operations.

Iran shouldn't be allowed to have nuclear weapons for the same reason that the psycho, who blew away all of those kids at Virginia Tech, shouldn't have been allowed to have them.

Iran shouldn't be allowed to have nuclear weapons for the same reason that the psycho, who blew away all of those kids at Virginia Tech, shouldn't have been allowed to have them.
Who is the last country that Iran went to war with? Why is that so wrong?

Blah, blah, blah.

I'll give you one reason why Iran should not have nukes:

IT SIGNED THE NUCLEAR NON-PROLIFERATION TREATY!

Until it withdraws from this treaty, it can't legally possess nuclear weapons.

PERIOD.

Actually, it was that dastardy Shah that signed it.

Who knows what that evil man had in mind when he committed that unjust act.

Doesn't matter who signed it, the new regime did not renounce it. In fact top leaders of the Islamic Republic publicly declared that nuclear weapons are un-islamic.

Why is this fallacy always used in Iran threads?

Well, if they are teh evil, we should look at their war record. If they shouldn't be able to have nukes and their last war was with Iraq, shouldn't any country that has tangled twice with Iraq since then disarm?

We'll see.

We already are:

The United States and Iran broke a 27-year diplomatic freeze Monday with a four-hour meeting about Iraqi security. The American envoy said there was broad policy agreement, but that Iran must stop arming and financing militants who are attacking U.S. and Iraqi forces.

The talks in the Green Zone offices of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki were the first formal and scheduled meeting between Iranian and American government officials since the United States broke diplomatic relations with Tehran after the 1979 Islamic Revolution and the seizure of the U.S. Embassy.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070528/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_us_iran_talks

Top Bottom