Why Iran Should Have Nuclear Weapons

Whatever, I don't care.

You don't care that there is no evidence that Iran is trying to develop nuclear weapons, or you don't care to admit that you're wrong? Which is it?

You don't care that there is no evidence that Iran is trying to develop nuclear weapons, or you don't care to admit that you're wrong? Which is it?

Proabaly both....

Doesn't Iran deserve to have the right to defend itself?
No.

The U.S. Constitution includes Liberty in the list of basic rights. When someone poses a threat to other people, we do what to them?

Bingo. Prison.

Iran is a threat to a lot of other people. Both inside and outside its borders.

I sympathise with the Iranian people, but their government has no right to exist.

No.
The U.S. Constitution includes Liberty in the list of basic rights. When someone poses a threat to other people, we do what to them?
Bingo. Prison.
I sympathise with the Iranian people, but their government has no right to exist.

First, why should Iran care about what is written in the US Constitution?
Second, What if the Iranian people, for whom you seem to have a lot of sympathy, do support their government when it comes to having nukes? do they stil have your sympathy?

No.

Bingo. Prison.

If I find your government threatning, may I invade your country?

These are simply my predictions.

Israel won't allow Iranian nukes. The US will help Israel achieve this when the time comes. This time will come within two years. Israel will pre-emptively strike in order to get the ball rolling and the US will help, but from the shadows.

Give Peace a Chance: Bomb Iran (and China and north Korea).

These are simply my predictions.

Israel won't allow Iranian nukes. The US will help Israel achieve this when the time comes. This time will come within two years. Israel will pre-emptively strike in order to get the ball rolling and the US will help, but from the shadows.

The US would gain nothing from such an action, since everyone would blame it for the Israeli strikes (which would be kind of suicide runs if jet fighter/bombers were used).

Israel might act even without the US approval, if it came to conclusion there is nothing left to lose (for instance if Iran was very close to an usable nuclear weapon).

The US would gain nothing from such an action, since everyone would blame it for the Israeli strikes (which would be kind of suicide runs if jet fighter/bombers were used).

Israel might act even without the US approval, if it came to conclusion there is nothing left to lose (for instance if Iran was very close to an usable nuclear weapon).

I believe Israel will act either way, with or without US "approval." I think the US would have a lot to gain however. Denying an enemy nuclear weapons in the Middle East is incredibly important to US interests. As well, helping an ally in the region who is being threatened to be removed from the map is also in the US's interests.

I'm not saying US B-2s will be racking up thousands of sorties over Iran. I am saying that money, ammo and equipment will be widely available to Israel when they do strike. The US doesn't have the political capital right now to be at the forefront of an attack and probably won't be overt in their action. There is Israeli precedent in this area. They pre-emptively struck an Iraqi nuclear installation many years ago. They WILL do it again.

I believe Israel will act either way, with or without US "approval." I think the US would have a lot to gain however. Denying an enemy nuclear weapons in the Middle East is incredibly important to US interests. As well, helping an ally in the region who is being threatened to be removed from the map is also in the US's interests.

I'm not saying US B-2s will be racking up thousands of sorties over Iran. I am saying that money, ammo and equipment will be widely available to Israel when they do strike. The US doesn't have the political capital right now to be at the forefront of an attack and probably won't be overt in their action. There is Israeli precedent in this area. They pre-emptively struck an Iraqi nuclear installation many years ago. They WILL do it again.

Israeli strike would be very risky. The US is the only one who can do it "safely". Iran would retaliate against the US anyway, even if it wasn't directly involved in the Israeli attack.

What? This is bunk. There's a reason why guys like Cho Seung Hui could do what they did in America. Do you want the same thing to happen on a global scale with nukes?

In any case, the most practical reason why you don't want Iran to have nukes is because it would drive other states in the region to get their own too. And with the palpable ethnic and sectarian tensions in the region, there's too big a risk that nukes will start flying around. If you thought the Cold War was scary, you don't want to see something like that in the ME.

Simply put, I am not going to waste any more of my time on you :p

In other words, there is no evidence of any supposed Iranian attempts to build nuclear weapons, and you know it. You're just interested in confirming you pre-conceived opinions, no matter what reality turns out to be.

Who the hell are you to suddenly decide whether or not a government has a right to exist? They don't because their system was established through a popular uprising? They don't because they may have harmed a couple of Americans over the years? They don't because Ahmadinejad was democratically elected by universal suffrage and secret ballot?

Rubbish.

Oh, wait, I get it. They don't have a right to exist because they're guilty of a handful of human rights abuses over the years. Well, America sure as hell doesn't have a right to exist either. Or is it because they (allegedly) support militant groups in other countries for the purpose of furthering their own strategic interests abroad? Well America hasn't had the right to exist for more than sixty years then.

Sweet, according to your logic, we should all invade America because America's government doesn't have the right to exist. Thanks! :goodjob:

I disagree, if Israel was going to strike they would have done it by now, as Iran has crossed a few of Israelis so called "red lines" but due to the amount of damage Iran would do in retaliation they wont.
Also even though they did strike the Osirak reactor the current situation is totally different to that, the logistics and targets needed are huge whereas the Osirak was one easy target.

In any case, the most practical reason why you don't want Iran to have nukes is because it would drive other states in the region to get their own too. And with the palpable ethnic and sectarian tensions in the region, there's too big a risk that nukes will start flying around. If you thought the Cold War was scary, you don't want to see something like that in the ME.
Just to chime in, but since Israel already has nukes, the cat is already out of the bag. An Iranian nuke is not the trigger for such an arms-race. It has already begun.

In other words, there is no evidence of any supposed Iranian attempts to build nuclear weapons, and you know it. You're just interested in confirming you pre-conceived opinions, no matter what reality turns out to be.

Blah blah blah :p

How many times did I tell you to read the IAEA reports on Iranian programme? How many of them have you actually studied? 0?

So shut up. I am not going to waste my time on you, simply because certain people are lost cases - fanatics who will not accept any proof that would question their faith. You're one of them.

Now you can continue babbling about how I don't have any proof and that you're right etc. :cool:

Moderator Action: Flaming.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

That's what I read too Boarder.

There's a great sketch by Rory Bremner, the British comedian, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcYkn9e3OOw

I think he nails it when Mr Afterdinnermint morphs into Mr Blair. It's not the logic of the situation, but self interest athat drives us and no law should be based on that.

Bremner also did a great piece on Iraq - funny and informative :) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by43joQLYj8

Maybe it's not nuclear weapons that we fear Iran having, but nuclear power? Maybe an Iran with nuclear power is more dangerous to 'our' interests than one with a nuclear bomb? I mean it would strengthen their government a lot and allow them to develop, thus immunising them against our pressure.

Top Bottom