Why is it important to give Barb 4 tech (hunting/archery/agriculture/wheel if I remember correctly)?

gavenkoa

Prince
To keep Barbs on the level with AI bonuses of Deity? What are the rules for Immortal?

Once I Played with raging barbs for a month - it complicates game enough to change early research and production path significantly.

Do extra techs for Barbs serve to increase difficulty for the player? Is it to frighten AI?

Giving techs to barbs on higher difficulties is (I believe) to make sure that AIs can't just roll over them effortlessly and quickly capture barb cities, causing AIs to "expand" faster than they should. It also increases player difficulty, but the primary concern is making sure AIs can't archer rush barb cities.

but the primary concern is making sure AIs can't archer rush barb cities.
I play Immortal with BULL mod dll. Barbs cities has 2-4 archers. Isn't that a point of adding techs?

AI smash Barbs' cities with Axmans/Swordsmans/Chariots.

BULL mod should be vanilla BtS with extra API for BUG mod but it can be that some "fixes" were applied there...

Without archery barbs can't spawn archers. Same applies to barb cities when they spawn. 4x warriors would make it easy for Ai to capture them. The AI get big barb bonuses on higher levels.

I play Immortal with BULL mod dll. Barbs cities has 2-4 archers. Isn't that a point of adding techs?
BULL mod should be vanilla BtS with extra API for BUG mod but it can be that some "fixes" were applied there...

I don't think that the choice of the MOD is the decisive factor. It's more between new game and save game. If you launch your own game, barbs normally have the right techs according to the diff. level. If on the other hand, you load a WB save that someone else has provided (f.ex. on the forum), the barbs lose their right techs during the transition. That's why you see some guys who play forum games on YT always enter the WB first.

Top Bottom