Why is my reputation not broken?

grahamiam said:
maybe a good test would be as follows:

1. make an MA while you have 25 warriors (these are your only military units), then break it

2. same as above, except upgrade all 25 warriors to swords, then break it

3. same as above, except upgrade all 25 warriors to MDI, then break it

4. same as above, except upgrade all 25 warriors to Guirilla's, then break it.

If the AI bases the value of the MA on your attack strength, and if your ability to trade is effected by the value of the deal broken, then there should be a large difference between 1 and 4.

I can't do this now as i have to meet some friends in an hour or so. Later tonight, i'll set something up with the editor.
This is a good point, it does seem that alliances take into account your power rating, I had forgotten that. In this game my power is high, so that might offset any reputation break, but I was still able to get GPT for gold.

Easier test, just disband all the military in this game and see how the power changes. Then see what alliances can be had. I can look at that later too, but not for a while.

You could even go so far as to see if how much you contribute to the war makes any difference, like I would bet that 20 turns of lip service alliance would probably be fine for the AI than 19 turns of full support and significant progress into enemy territory, even saving AI's units/cities.

Top Bottom