Why is my score/ranking at the end so low

danhynes

Chieftain
I just won a domination game on diety, won around turn 250, fully completed civis tree, and at the and at the end my rank/score was like 15. In civ 5 I thought I would routinely get the highest rank after a long game, but so far my 5 completed games are all very close to the bottom even though I am always ahead by score at the end of the game. I dont really care so much since it doesnt do anything, just curious.

Currently your finish date and the difficulty level you play don't seem to affect final score at all. The score you get is the same as the score you see in the game on the score tab of the victory conditions panel. This score is mostly affected by your empire score, which gives points for number of cities, districts and population. To get the highest rank you need an absolutely humongous empire. I think this is a bug and they forgot to implement multipliers for finish date and difficulty level.

Thanks. I had around 20 cities on standard map but my populations are often low since i tend to neglect housing amenities and neighborhoods

Firaxis Score wasn't really a very meaningful metric in CiV, but in Civ 6 it's on an entirely new level of meaninglessness. It's almost reversed value - if you get a very low score you can be proud of yourself, because you managed to win without requiring to own 90% of the map.

Top Bottom