Why is "POWER" rating so strange?

nEo

Chieftain
I dont understand power at all.

I says it goes by cities, gold, culture, advances, resources, military strength, nuc weapons, and wonders..

I am midway through this game, it is approx 1866 date. I have the smallest power rating (next to the almost dead guy) however,

a) I have 6000 gold (nearly 5500 more than any other race)
b) all my cities have 20+ people
c) my dudes are approx 5 technology advances over the next best guy
d) I control a fair amount of resources, i'd say as much as most of the races
e) my military strength is probably 10X any other race. Sure they have lots of archers and swordsmen but at the moment I have 50 panzers and 70 or so infantry as well an numerous other units (battleships, calvalry, 6 armies, etc)
f) I control all but 5 wonders in the entire game
g) my culture is almost double the next highest race

Now why am I so far behind in power rating? The only thing I'm not ahead in (yet) is number of cities. It just seems so strange to me.

I can't remember, but I thought power was an average over time? If that's the case, maybe you were doing badly in the earlier ages and you're just now finally really dominating. If this is true, you may always have a bad power simply because of being behind in the other ages...

The fact is, nearly all the points you have comes from the land surface you control. All the other factors are next to nothing compared to it. So it's probably just that your civ is smaller than its opponents.

Originally posted by Akka
The fact is, nearly all the points you have comes from the land surface you control. All the other factors are next to nothing compared to it. So it's probably just that your civ is smaller than its opponents.

This is true of "score" but power is something different. I don't think what power is exactly is documented anywhere.

Top Bottom