Why is public discussion of moderator actions prohibited?

That´s all that needs to be said.
I think i failed to quote ywhtpqtfo comment now but you make such a better atmosphere to handle people with diplomacy, understanding and patience then to slam the rule book into someone´s face.
I am a philosopher and i could elaborate quite a lot on why this is but i don´t think it´s even necessary.
You come a lot longer when you level with people and are being nice then with the contrary.
But we all can think differently so i just say, IMO. In my opinion.

Fair points that the moderating team are unwilling to relent on. They just want to act like big bosses in this little fiefdom of theirs. :)

It seems the only person complaining is you.

Moderators aren't beyond reproach. Check out the infraction appeal forum. Most of them are against me. :)

Really? I just submitted a complaint that this post was far from observant of the widest possible audience, but the song and dance of even this particular thread beating around the bushes only contributes to the ambiguity.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...he-patch-version-in-your-thread-title.600353/

I just want to be able to report a bug without having to adhere to a plethora of ridiculously convoluted forum criteria. This why Reddit is ridiculous and this forum is contributing to that. What does a guy have to do to just be able to report a bug? Can't Moderator report existing form posts? If not, migrate to a new platform under the same domain and establish a new PR policy with language appropriate to the widest possible audience rather than the narrow confines a presumed user base.

Further to that, Moderator restrictions speaks legions to a lack of transparency and democratic participation. And now I have to wait 23 seconds to post this comment? Unbelievable. What are we, in the dark ages?

What does a guy have to do to just be able to report a bug?

You already know the answer to that question since you linked the thread that tells you exactly how. I trust in your ability to follow 6 steps, Hamish. That you don't want to doesn't seem related to moderator excess and impropriety.

I just want to apologize for the language I expressed yesterday in my previous posts. It was silly and I am sorry. I was just super frustrated with my gameplay bug causing an impasse and making the game unplayable! The guidelines are there for a reason and there is nothing unreasonable about them. My frustrations were misdirected and I sincerely apologize. Have great rest of your day, all.

Regards,
Hamish

Yes, definitely off topic. Bug reporting needs to be precise so that developers can easily identify the issue required to be fixed.

Top Bottom