Why is quick movement/combat not an ingame option?

Soronery

Prince
Is there any reason for this? I have never turned quick combat off to see the attack animation because I don't want to sit through them the whole game. I like watching the movements but I'm going to have to start disabling them because I don't want to watch them through 50% of the game.

Oh nice. I didn't notice it. Has this been in since release and I've been blind?

This was a G&K expansion addition:

"Quick combat and Quick Movement options are now part of the Options menu and can be changed during gameplay."

I wish you could turn on quick combat and movement not affecting your units, but leave it on for your units. Nothing more annoying than watching a city siege on another continent just because you have a spy situated there.

I wish you could turn on quick combat and movement not affecting your units, but leave it on for your units. Nothing more annoying than watching a city siege on another continent just because you have a spy situated there.

Or when you have a lot of allied City States... argh. I love animations during some of my actions, but that CS stuff is horrendous.

This was a G&K expansion addition:

"Quick combat and Quick Movement options are now part of the Options menu and can be changed during gameplay."

Ah okay I see. I must have overlooked the change. Thanks. Awesome change. Now I can see what unit attack animations are like.

Top Bottom