1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is this not in the game?

Discussion in 'CivBE - Ideas and Suggestions' started by VCrakeV, Aug 29, 2015.

1. VCrakeV

VCrakeV Prince

I usually set my military units to alert along my borders to protect me from aliens. If there is one or two, cool. If there is more of a threat, I know to pump or move more units. However, an alert unit only wakes up to non-alien units if you're at war with them. This means that I must constantly check my borders in order to be prepared.

Basically, why can't I be alerted when my guard sees an army?

2. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

This has never been a feature in any Civilization game. Prior to Civ V, the camera would center on any observed movement, so you would see when "friendly" units started to creep up on your sentries. They dispensed with this auto-focus in Civ V; the camera only moves when a combat action is observed.

Having a sentry wake up every time it sees any unit would be tedious, in my opinion. I'd prefer that they restore the camera center on all movement (or at least make it an option).

3. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Isn't there a difference between Fortify and Alert or something? I know BUG had that option in Civ 4 but I also thought that Civ 5 had something similiar.

4. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

CivV Alert would wake up on any barb movement.

5. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Moderator Action: Moved to Ideas & Suggestions