Why isn't the Apostolic Palace doing anything?

Dnomal

Prince
I've built it, lost the first election, but won the second, I've been the resident for 100 years, but i don't have any options or anything, am I missing something???

The Apostolic Palace is much more situational than the United Nations. The chance must arise before there are any decisions to be made.

In order to win a Diplomatic victory from it, the religion needs to have been spread to at least one city in every civ in the game. (so that everyone gets a say, even if it's only worth a few votes)

In the Civilopedia, there's a section for Beyond the Sword Concepts for the Apostolic Palace. All of it's functions are listed there.

The Apostolic Palace is much more situational than the United Nations. The chance must arise before there are any decisions to be made.

In order to win a Diplomatic victory from it, the religion needs to have been spread to at least one city in every civ in the game. (so that everyone gets a say, even if it's only worth a few votes)

In the Civilopedia, there's a section for Beyond the Sword Concepts for the Apostolic Palace. All of it's functions are listed there.

Thanks, I looked through the Civilipopedia section, but only half is devoted to the Apostolic Palace, and most of that for REsolutions rather than the dynamic.

Go to war for a while, you'll get a few options.

Later on, if you have spread your religion enough for others to take part, you can vote on handing captured cities back to their rightfull owners etc

Yes, I've experienced this too, especially in peaceful games there are very few options available. At least the hammer bonuses were useful, but aside from that it served little purpose. I don't mind this though, because in some games it does play a central role in the middle ages, and so gives each game a bit of a unique feel to it. I'd like to see someone play a SG or something which demonstrates the power of the palace and its resolutions. Anyone know of one out there yet?

Top Bottom