why my spy die?

nihil8r

space . . . madness
I uh ... have this problem with my spies. I've never gotten one to actually plant. Probably only tried 20 times, but they always fail and it pisses off the other civ. My tech stealing works great, I steal all the techs I can, but my spies just die constantly. And of course the dumbass other civs try to plant in my capital all the time, then continue to ask for ridiculous deals like 2 GPT for silks or world map for world map and superconductor. But of course when I try to plant and fail, they declare war. wtf?

I also am continually amazed at how completely BS the cpu opponents behave and how bad their double standards are. Fuels my hatred and leads to an eventual 6 M1A1 4-stack armies vs. cossocks holocaust =/ But that's not the point ... the point is, how do I get my damn spies to work? I want to shred enemies in the early industrial with espionage and I just can't get it to work. Help plz!!

BTW I always play on huge maps vs 15 civs ... right now I play on monarch. I always am a democracy by the time espionage is available.

thanks for any suggestions j00 can give

:tank:

Spy planting is random, but if you attempt to place a spy in the same turn that it failed, it automatically fails again.

oh ... lol, that would explain why it never works for me :) when the first attempt fails i would just keep trying and trying until their attitude dropped a notch :)

thanks!

If you're playing a religous civ., and you don't mind a bit of a production setback,you can change to communism for just a coupla turns to increase spy plant chance.
I like to get a spy in every civ. in the indust/modern ages just so I get good military advisor info to prepare for war; I rarely risk these spies once planted on the (imo) relatively weak spy missions.

I'm pretty sure that attempts to plant a spy will fail for 4 turns after a previously failed attempt (though it may be 3 turns). So if you fail, take a few turns off.

And of course don't forget Gothmog's 1st Law about Spy's:
"Never attempt to plant a spy in a civ that you aren't prepared to go to war with"

IMO, stealing tech is a very powerful option.

Top Bottom