1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Why my troops are thrown out from Mercurian territory

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by vsipinen, Apr 4, 2009.

1. vsipinen

vsipinen Warlord

I have tried several times to send my troops into the Mercurian territory in order to capture one of their cities, but repeatedly my troops are thrown out of their territory. Is there any way to avoid that ? Is there any way to capture their cities and territory ?

2. Kyroshill

Kyroshill Huh?

Can you post a save so we can see what you are talking about? I have no explanation for this.... maybe someone else does.... but it would be nce to see it in action first.

3. JonathanStrange

JonathanStrange PrinceWithA1000Enemies

It sounds like the Elohim Worldspell "Sanctuary" which kicks out all all non-team players from their territory; but you said it was the Mercurians and their Worldspell is "Divine Retribution". So... I don't know...

I have captured Mercurian cities uneventfully so it can be done.

4. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Did the Elohim summon the Mercurians?

5. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Maybe the Elohim summoned them?

NINJAED

6. vsipinen

vsipinen Warlord

The Elohim are not (and has not been) in the game. Whatever the cause was, the problem disappeared after couple of turns, and after that I captured the Mercurian city.

7. zup

zup Emperor

Did you have open borders with units inside their borders and declared war? That kicks you out. Also, defensive withdrawal evacuates your units from their lands.

8. JonathanStrange

Yeah, both of those sound more likely if there were no Elohim but he said they were thrown out trying to enter the Mercurian territory. Oh well, another Erebus mystery like the disappearance of Ariel Sworddancer after The Battle of the Severed Head.

9. xalien

xalien Prince

I had the same accident recently playing FF as Hyborem and trying to conquer my former civ (Svart). Was about to capture a 2nd city when during AI turn was kicked out from their territory. I was able to get back right away and it never occured again.

10. Azhral

Azhral Let's get Tactical!

Its an invisible unit somehow getting in the way, has been happening for a while. I think it might be an invisible unit adopting HN or something.

11. vsipinen

vsipinen Warlord

The war had already been declared several turns before I entered their territory (I captured first couple of cities from their allies). Also my troops were kicked out several times before it finally stopped happening.

How does the defensive withdrawal work ? When that happens ?

12. Verdian

Verdian King

Are you playing as the Sidar? There are issues with hidden and invisible units being forced out of borders, but usually only when they attack (or get attacked). I tend to avoid playing as the Sidar because of that, as much as I enjoy them.

13. vsipinen

vsipinen Warlord

No, I played as Khazad.

14. Ribusprissin

Ribusprissin Warlord

JS, I think your Erebus has more events than mine. You have Living In World turned on, don't you? ;)

15. NeoBasilisk

NeoBasilisk Chieftain

I can vouch that this has happened to me too. There was a Balseraph city I kept trying to attack, but every time I got close to the city, my stack kept getting magically moved 2-3 squares back.

16. SwordofStriker

SwordofStriker Prince

Do you have "show enemy moves" checked? I ask because it's entirely possible that you are getting attacked by an enemy with the fear promotion.

If a unit with that promotion attacks your stack and wins, your whole stack moves.

17. JonathanStrange

Is there any other option?