1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Why no connection to capitol?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Arksa, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Arksa

Arksa Warlord

2. VainoValkea

VainoValkea Emperor

Why would there be a connection? You don't have a road yet, and given how early you are in the game I doubt you've researched compass and harbors yet.

3. Randall_Flagg

Randall_Flagg The Evil One

Do you have the tech for harbors yet?

That Desert Mountin city would have been my 2nd though.

4. Teaf

Teaf Warlord

You need The Wheel before the connection will be made I believe.

5. Viregel

Viregel , The Rt. Hon.

I'm not completely sure, but there could be a range limit. Carthage gets harbours from the start, so there must be some other reason. Check to see if there are harbours in the cities, and if not, it's most likely a range problem or a bug.

6. PDMX

PDMX Warlord

Thats true! You get harbors at the start, but you need the wheel, to establish connections.

7. Imalich

Imalich Warlord

Don't worry about it man. I have a hunch your cities will connect in about 6 turns. Sometimes they take awhile to start liking each other, they're emotional like that.

8. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Yeap, just if you need a third opinion.

Carthage starts connecting cities when you have researched The Wheel (which, ironically, you are).

9. BroOfTheSun

BroOfTheSun Warlord

I'm going to guess that the ice block above the City State is keeping you from getting the connection.

10. Randall_Flagg

Hmm, That seems way to Over powered. I do not recall ever playing as Dido. But you should not get the free harbors until you have the tech!!

11. That Other Guy

That Other Guy Chieftain

Given that that's practically the only interesting thing about carthage at all, it doesn't seem all that overpowered.

Movement over mountains after you get your first great general is incredibly situational.
    +30% CS trireme? Who cares?
    I've never used the elephant - I suppose that might be decent? If I'm using horseman, it's usually to take a city.

12. BroOfTheSun

BroOfTheSun Warlord

I can confirm from playing Carthage last night. You get free harbors without the tech.

13. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Yes, it's The Wheel. 6 turns to finishing researching The Wheel in the screenshot, so 6 turns to automatic city connections (trade routes in G&K).

It's the Wheel, not the ice.

Feel free to mod a different UA for Carthage. BNW nerfed Carthage anyway, since harbors no longer give hammers.

Just curious, do you also believe that you shouldn't get free aqueducts from the Tradition finisher unless you've researched Engineering?

14. Randall_Flagg

Yes of course, you should not have access to buildings or units unless you have the tech imho. I am sure not many agree with me. Those who like The Shoshone for instance.. :)