1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Why no defensive pact?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Archon_Wing, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Okay, so what I gathered is to get a defensive pact, you need:

1.) neither of you can be at war
    2.) be allied

K done....

3.) Research Mobilization:
    Done....

But the option still doesn't show up.

In fact Cleopatra offers a defensive pact shortly after, so it's not I can't.

Moderator Action: Please do not use text style, especially in thread titles. This is a discussion forum, not a blog. leif

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2017
  2. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

I'm not sure about this but do both parties need to have the respective tech? Maybe Cleo just got that tech a bit later and when she finally got it, she offered you?

3. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Correct, playing gotm26 I got to allies long before anyone else.... no point racing to allies on a low difficulty because there is no-one to ally with until they get the civic.
    Same with defensive pacts and they may also want payment because the AI is not always keen. Defensive pacts are the hardest to get.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  4. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Well, that kind of sucks if you need both civs to have the civic. It's so near the end of the game that it's not that useful already. I think defensive pacts shouldn't require an alliance either, but oh well.