1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Why no "Religious" victory?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by necrolyte, Jun 10, 2006.

1. King Flevance

King Flevance Deity

I think it plays too big a role as is too. Ever been the cat's pajamas until free religion gets widely used? Yep, then your a pile of sheep sh*t. This makes no sense. In my current game I have all kinds of +'s with China, as at one time we did EVERYTHING together, war allies throughout history, trading partners for life, defensive pacts as soon as our wars ended. I mean we are pretty much 'unspoken allies'. Then he adopts free religions, and he don't like me too much anymore. China and Mongolia both went from Friendly to Pleased for free religion in this game. I am sorry but that much emphasis on religion by itself is moronic. They are slowly moving back to (Cautious) also because we have not went to war together for some time now. SO mutual military struggle will dissappear too.

Also, in concerns for the converting part for the victory type, this should be set up the same as domination. 100% conversion should not take place as not everyone will do it. It needs to work like diplomatic and be based of the size of empires. Making you have to convert the majority of the world to your faith.