1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Why no reviews yet?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by hardcore_gamer, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardcore_gamer

hardcore_gamer King

Game is 8 hours away and still no reviews for it? Why?

2. fl0dA

fl0dA Chieftain

Obvoius. Embargo for reviews.

3. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

Ed Beach stumbled upon the civfanatics forum and decided to mercifully put the game down, rather than try to improve this horribly flawed creation of his. ;)

Toulouse likes this.
  4. Selereth

Selereth Warlord

I hope that's somewhat of a joke, otherwise that's a very insensitive comment to make considering the amount of effort that the dev team has put into this game. Sure there are issues with the AI and the pace of tech progression but other than those two glaring problems it's looking to be a fairly sound game upon release. C'mon, is there really the need for such a negative attitude?

5. darthtoon

darthtoon Chieftain

the review embargo ends when the game releases worldwide

6. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

It's a joke. I think the game looks great, but if you read some of the threads/comments here, you would think it is utter crap. Basically, people complain about everything, from music being too original to not being original enough to Pericles not having armpit hair.

7. anandus

anandus Errorist

... Because the game's not out yet? ;)

Xyriach likes this.
  8. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

I don't see what new information reviews bring considering that youtube guys are playing almost full version of the game for a month now. Everybody who even glanced at playthroughs knows what's up.

9. Haggbart

Haggbart King

Don't really care for reviews. I can see the game get about the same as CiV, however it's obvious that this game is in a much better state at launch than CiV was.

Also I predict at least one of the reviews will give 6-7/10 or such based on nonsense like "X civ or Y leader is not in the game" or "Builders can't be automated"

10. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Hopefully we'll be hearing from our brothers in New Zealand, Australia and other zone 1 locations in about an hours time, as it releases there then.

11. cakes

cakes Prince

12. Toulouse

Toulouse Warlord

Journalist reviews of Civ 6 are unlikely to reflect the experience of playing the game several times all the way through to various victory conditions, etc. For example, Rockpapershotgun had a glowing review a few weeks back that IMO was completely undercut by what I saw watching certain Youtube playthroughs and the "battle royale." I'd prefer if they'd play the game for many dozens of hours before evaluating.

13. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I never understood that comment. Ancient greeks and romans of a certain social standing had all of their body hair removed. Some even had people pull it one by one and spend a large amount of time lying around while this happened. Pericles would haven been shocked to see his own armpit hair. So good job Firaxis, you researched well and portrayed that exactly right.

And to get back to topic: I suppose reviews are still blocked until the game launches. Maybe the gaming magazine GameStar doesn't have access to the full game yet, because they'll show it off when it launches in Australia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.