Why should one buy CTP?

Emp.Napoleon

SUPER EMP!
I found this part of CFC a while ago and I do not get CTP. Is it like civ 3? Should I buy it? Does it have anything Civ 3 does not?

In a few words, the main differences between CTP and Civ 3 are:
- no workers in CTP, but you decide how much you give each turn for public works (and then spend this money to buy roads, farms, advanced mines, etc...), the cost depending on the sophistication of the building and the site chosen.
- possibility of underwater and space cities
- within armies, you can have long range units and close combat units: when the armies fight, first the artillery (when available) fires, then the troops attack the injured enemies (because of the "bombing"). That is not the case in Civ III: each unit in the army attacks, and when it is badly injured the following continues the battle. Therefore they are not used according to their specific abilities...
- piracy is possible on commercial routes
- no special resources like Civ III
- no cultural "capture" of the other players' cities (but your territory has borders similar to the Civ III cultural borders)
- spies do exist in CTP (but have the same lack of success as in Civ III!)
- of course, different units, improvements, advances, wonders
- more governments

Its dirt cheap now (in the UK anyway)..Look it up on amazon might be interesting for a weekend or two.

The vanilla game (i.e., what's on the CD) was designed for the casual player, not the sort of fanatic whose likely to post on a forum like this. You'll more than likely find it too easy but there are user made mods available that increase it's 'challenge level' significantly.

Buy Call to Power Two(2000) from Chips and Bits. Then when you are addicted to the game go to apolyton and start playing mods like cradle, trust me Call to Power 2 will be the future. They have released the source code and have already done some major improvements.

Civilization 3 < Call to Power 2(With Modifications of Course :) )

Why buy it? Isn't it available free now after they released the source code?

;) I prefer CTP1 then CTP2 ANYDAY!

Top Bottom