Why the E10+ rating??

Jamesds

Great Scientist
Hi,
I am wondering what is giving civ4 an e10+ (pegi 12) rating??? Is it rather violent or something? Has anyone played it? :confused:

Hmmm, slavery, genocide, jihads, war, starvation, and nukes.

the last three have been in previous civ versions, the first three, imo, do not warrant a near teenage rating. There must be more?

It may be E10+ because of the online multiplayer aspect. I dont know if they take that into account, but i wouldnt want to get my as kicked via then net by some 7 year old chess wizard... and id probibly swear at him alot.

thanks for clearing that up, Mike B, I'm sure you know what you are talking about!!

Jamesds said:
thanks for clearing that up, Mike B, I'm sure you know what you are talking about!!

You're just awestruck by the logo, the location of the poster, and the fancy title.

TastySheriff said:
It may be E10+ because of the online multiplayer aspect.

It can't be this or they'd just put "game experience may change during online play." It's probably because of Coffeegate.

{|}$~\ said:
It can't be this or they'd just put "game experience may change during online play." It's probably because of Coffeegate.

By request of Hilary, every take2 game will have at least the E10+ rating unless it is proven not to deserve it ;)

Its cus kids need those 10 first years to make some memories of how nature looks like, and how it is to run around and play outside. Because if they start playing civ at 10, they are not gonna see and experience much of that for the next 10-20 years. :p

But Grey Fox... why would they need those memories of nature etc when they DO start to play civ?

Grey Fox said:
Its cus kids need those 10 first years to make some memories of how nature looks like, and how it is to run around and play outside. Because if they start playing civ at 10, they are not gonna see and experience much of that for the next 10-20 years. :p
*Timmy is a 19 year old CivAddict*

Girlfriend: So...want to go inside.. *wink*

Timmy: Hrm..wait..I am thinking...cossack or focus on building that wonder...hrm..

Girlfriend: Erm...

Timmy: Hold on!...wait..why are we going inside..

Girlfriend: *Whispers in Timmys ear*

Timmy: A VAGINA!? IS THAT FROM CIV II:TOT!?!?

Girlfriend: ...

That is actually scary to think. :lol:

The rating might not just mean voilence, it might mean the amount of stragergy and i have heard from my mate that it has "mild" language, but then again he is a shifty dude. :band:

snarko said:
But Grey Fox... why would they need those memories of nature etc when they DO start to play civ?

Because you are never 6 years old again!

Being 20 is almost like being 25. Being 25 is almost like being 30.

Being 6 is so not like being 8.

snarko said:

If they have no memories of the real world then they cannot relate the experiance of building a farm, wonder, shooting commies, slavery etc. In short, they might as well play the game watching binary number drift across their screen like in the matrix and civ would become a game where you would number crunch the AI to death, as oppossed to nuking you best mate to death.

Top Bottom