Why Vikings always found Húsavík?

Seriously though. According to Wikipedia Húsavík is a "small town" that isn't notable for anything, besides having several museums. It was never a capital city, there were no epic battles or whatever major events, it wasn't first Norse settlement in Iceland (so far as I know).
On the other hand Reykjavík is widely thought to be the first permanent Viking settlement in Iceland, not to mention it's the current capital of Iceland. I'd settle it first just for that sole reason.

Or is there something about Húsavík I don't know?

Actually I always see Jeykjavik settled. I think tho that all the tiles in Iceland are the same level for Viking settlement AI so it's just luck between which one gets setteled.

Am I the first one here who thinks the answer is obvious? It's because Reykjavik's tile is worth something, Húsavik's isn't.

Look at it the next time you play RFC. It's a tundra flatlands tile and the tile Reykjavik is at is a grasslands hills tile, which is better utilised with an actual improvement rather than a city (which are almost always 2:food: 1:hammers: 1:commerce:). The easy solution should be to swap the two tiles' properties together.

Top Bottom