Why won’t God Help me understand

vonork

Emperor
I tried this question in another thread before, but I guess I formulated myself wrong so I’ll try again.

I would gladly believe in God, but I can’t, cuz as I see it, it does not make sense. I know there are a few here that believe in God in one way or another so please tell me this.

Why has God given you the ability to see, so that the Bible and other signs of God are as easy to understand as a 1-2-3 book? While on the other hand has made me so mentally incapable that it all looks like quantum physics.

Now there might be a reason for God to do this, I might accomplice more like this and then God will great me in Heaven and I will understand.

But I believe some of you (or at least some religious teaching) say that if I don’t believe in God I will go to Hell. Now that’s not nice as God has given us so different capabilities to understand him.

I don't think "Why won't God help me understand" is the question, I think its more of a "why does the devil keep me from understanding". If you truely want to understand, spend some time studying and discussing with others.

Well, the problem is that God(or the devil) has made it so unbelivabel as it would be for me to perhasp say to you: that if you only take some time and study you will see that a pink elephant acually is hovering above your head. (made you look :) )

Okey I find that more ubelivabel, but I guess you get my point.

Must ask this question of religionists again and again?

Why substitute these mythical names for mere human actions or failings?

A god? A devil?
These are only myths from a more primitive time!

I call these things false until proven.

PS
Vornok:
You are in command - you are a human being.
Thrust aside this mythology and forge ahead, by your own merits.

Anything that happens on this planet is down to we, the physical beings!

Believe in YOURSELF!

Originally posted by Archer 007
I call you false until proven! :p

I would say the burden of proof is sqaurely on your shoulders.

Originally posted by vonork
I would gladly believe in God, but I can’t, cuz as I see it, it does not make sense. I know there are a few here that believe in God in one way or another so please tell me this.

Why has God given you the ability to see, so that the Bible and other signs of God are as easy to understand as a 1-2-3 book?
If youre talking about the Bible, then yeah, no arguments from me. The Bible doesnt make a bit of sense (as a literal document, but it does as a collection of parables designed to instruct). God has nothing to do with the Bible. Once you understand that and are free from the Biblical paradigm, God will start making sense to you. IMO, the greatest impediment to understanding God is the Bible (or any other religious text).

god doesnt like you

"Why won’t God Help me understand?", sounds just as smart wuestion as "Why won’t Santa Claus give me my present I wanted?"....

Originally posted by CurtSibling

The giant invisible banana doesn't like you either!

Care for a holy war?

giant invisible banana? tell me more about this banana

God will eventually, perhaps you are not ready yet (although I do not know God's reasons).

What you should ask is not why something will not be served to you on a platter, rather ask why aren't you trying harder.

Originally posted by emu

giant invisible banana? tell me more about this banana

Like most gods, he cannot be seen, or touched or felt - in fact for all intent and purposes - he is not there at all.

But this does not prevent his fanclub on Earth demanding you to give them money and total servitude!

Or else you will be cast into a place whose existence cannot be proven either!

Now doesn't it all make sense!

lol, yes its all becoming clear now, sign me up for this religion

Ok so this guy "God" ate dinner one night. He then set his half finished bowl of whatever he was eating aside. After a while the food left on the bottom of the bowl began to grow a fungus (Nature), which spawned fruit-flys (Humans), etc - all while he was off somewhere else, sleeping, working, dead, who knows?

Eventually the bowl will be washed and that's that. We are Gods mistake, unintentional creation - christ (no pun intended) we weren't even made in a petri dish!

Just savor your time or curse it, whatever you do - questioning it is just a way of wasting it.

Top Bottom