Why won't he vassalize?

Bei1052

Emperor
I'm at war with Justinian. I've captured his capital, razed two of his cities, destroyed a sizable portion of his stack and have about twice his power rating, yet he still won't vassalize. What gives? Is it because I vassalized Louis? I've never actually understood the vassal mechanics, but it's really starting to annoy me.

Attachments

• Brandon AD-1824.CivBeyondSwordSave
    389.7 KB · Views: 68
Can't say that I know the vassalize machanics either, but it once happened to me that the AI I was in war with had only his capital left (on an one tile island) and refused to give up. I checked every turn if he was ready to become my vassal state but no, he never did, and guess if I was mad as hell. Sometimes the AI just don't give up, no matter what you do.

Justinian (and most other warmongers like Alexander, Julius, Genghis etc.) is unlikely to become a vassal
Check DanF's complete XML variables
-Others Vals, -iVassalPowerModifier

I'm at war with Justinian. I've captured his capital, razed two of his cities, destroyed a sizable portion of his stack and have about twice his power rating, yet he still won't vassalize. What gives? Is it because I vassalized Louis? I've never actually understood the vassal mechanics, but it's really starting to annoy me.

There are detailed explanations on the forums regarding this. It's because of Louis most likely, with Justinian thinking he's doing fine because there are weaker civs still alive. :smoke:

..with Justinian thinking he's doing fine because there are weaker civs still alive.

Ahh that reminds me of some incredibly stupid situations where the AI wouldn't vassal, and others where it did vassal but where no human player should have ever. Typical case of Firaxis not thinking things clearly through. You can sort of tell how vassals were not planned out from the beginning, but thrown into the mix sometime after the Vanilla release as a gimmick.

Top Bottom