Why won't the AI make peace?

Particle

Chieftain
So I'm playing the Babylonians and I've been fighting the Zulu for around 20 rounds now in the modern era. I've taken a half dozen of his cities, and lost none. I can probably take another two or three before I start running low on units.

Despite the fact I've been spanking Shaka, he won't listen to me when I contact his units. I really want to end this war because its costing me 250 gold per turn! Yikes! So does anyone know why Shaka won't listen?

because he´s Shaka of the Zulus, the most warmonger this side of the Andromeda.

Before you try contacting him make sure you have all of your units inside your culture boundary. If you have units inside his territory he is less likely to talk to you. This doesn't always work, but it does help.

Also how many cities does he have ? if he has over 50 cities.. 12 won't even make think twice about making peace with you...

You need to :hammer: him some more. Shaka is a stubborn S.O.B.

Most of the opponents are less likely to accept your envoy if you have troops on his territory. Withdraw for a turn or two then sue for peace - show it before you talk it.

Conversely, if you roll 3 or 4 tanks up to 2 or 3 cities, they will sometimes answer the door as well (and give good terms).

The Zulus tend to be more stubborn though.

I once had to exterminate the Aztecs as they would only make peace on a straight treay for treaty basis no matter how many of his cities I took.

WHY??

It is part of the AI's Screw the Human strategy: one AI civ forces the human into a protracted war while the other civs swap techs and build improvements.

I'm not sure if this will work or not, but worth a try.

March half a dozen of your strongest units right next to his capital and see if he will talk to you then. Sometimes when I do that the other civ all of a sudden wanted to talk to me in a hurry...

In my experience the way i end wars quickly with the AI is to park a giant army right outside the AI's capitol. This usually is incentive enough for the AI to surrender to me. Against the Zulu though the only cure is to wipe them from the face of the earth.

im planning to eliminate them as soon as my laborers get those modern amrors out. rifleman crushing here i come!

Top Bottom