1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Wide continents instead of tall continents

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Soterius, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Soterius

Soterius Chieftain

When you choose Continent map style, the generated continents tend to be long/tall but not very wide. I really don't like this, I prefer the landmasses to be wide.

Consider this map (it's not from civ6 but it's just to illustrate my point). I like the encircled landmass in the bottom left, not the one I encircled in the top right.

I've had a few seeds that had wider landmasses and will share them here later today. I hope you guys can share some too if you encounter them, coz it's really hard to find these kind of maps!

Attached Files:

Xen likes this.
  2. Xen

Xen Magister

I agree- I'd like more general diversity in map, and but longer "Eurasia" style continents are a big must.

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It does annoy me when a naval unit is blocked from sailing around the North AND South ends of a continent. How can I rule the seven seas now?

MentatYP likes this.
  4. Soterius

Soterius Chieftain

When you go for Fractal map type, you do get more "eurasia" style landmasses. But they are mostly not separated by water... Which is not what I want because that takes away the whole "discover new continents" experience and makes the naval aspect to the game less important.

Almost home from work, I'll give you the few seeds I have of continental maps with wider landmasses.

5. cephalo

cephalo Deity

The map stinks. Hopefully I will have time to fix this once I figure out how.

6. Soterius

Soterius Chieftain

Here they are. I'll share more when I encounter them. Please share back if you have some for me!

interesting 2.PNG interesting 3.PNG interesting 4.PNG interesting.PNG

7. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Warlord

It seems so far to create a large number of maps that you cannot fully circumnavigate with ships.

8. Soterius

Soterius Chieftain

What you say?? :mischief:

9. ilker

ilker Chieftain

Yeah and almost every game two oceans don't have any connection

but it is not a complaint, I don't know yet it is better or not in terms of gameplay. By the way, maybe increasing the sea level may solve this problem?

apart from that I liked the new map scripts, which gave very nice mountain chains etc.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  10. WankIT

WankIT Chieftain

I agree, this is frustrating. Huge map, continents, (1) there is no direct access between oceans and (2) my subs cannot go under the polar ice cap regions.
    If you like to have a big navy just for the sake of it, it makes it even MORE useless.

11. Soterius

Soterius Chieftain

Huh? When I choose a Continents map, all the oceans are ALWAYS connected, I don't think I ever experienced anything different. You guys say you do?

12. TheDS

TheDS Regular Riot

While I do feel your pain (I like the world-ocean better than the world-continent), it IS possible to build a navy for each ocean, you know.

13. Soterius

Soterius Chieftain

Anyway, y'allz need to stop complaining and start sharing good maps that you encounter. I have plenty of seeds for Huge - Continents maps which have big landmasses and still all the oceans connected. I won't share them though, coz none of you share back...