1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Widow predation in Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pangur Bán, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Pangur Bán

Pangur Bán Deconstructed

http://rt.com/usa/155540-house-sale-paltry-debt/

An interesting example of how debt and convoluted rules accessible only to the elite allow predation on the wealth of the weak.

2. Commodore

Commodore Deity

I read this story earlier today and was thinking of posting it here but decided against it. Anyway I think there is a lot more to this story than the media is reporting. I doubt there is any judge out there that would be so petty as to take a woman's house away over $6.30.

So I think we should wait until the full story comes out before we all jump on the "OMGZ killz da evul guvurmant!!!!!1111!!" bandwagon.

3. Antilogic

Antilogic --

Look on the bright side, at least there was a vague pretense for trying to kick this woman out of her home. Not like the dozens of illegally foreclosed-upon properties in Florida.

:)()

So the article claims the proper notification of the tax debt was delivered to her, and I'm wondering what that was.

4. Pangur Bán

Pangur Bán Deconstructed

Commodore, I do hope someone will come with new info and a takedown of the story. Sadly, though, this is well within the norms of our predatory socio-legal system.

5. CavLancer

CavLancer This aint fertilizer

I'm so glad to have moved on. I was more concerned about predatory lawyers going after my house because someone pretended to slip on wet pavement. Now, the government itself is getting in on the act.

I hope this story is BS.

6. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

Pretty obscene. That $7 is the cost of a Subway meal. Could have been paid for by credit.

7. Core Imposter

Core Imposter Deity

predation deniers?

8. IAM

IAM Emperor

Sadly this is the new normal. Not even surprising anymore.

9. woody60707

woody60707 Deity

What are you talking about? I'm still of a half a mind that there is a lot more to this story. let alone that this is the new normal.

10. KMRblue1027

KMRblue1027 The Crown!

Stop trying to ruin his circlejerk.

11. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Rules accessible only to the elite? :confused:

12. Pangur Bán

Pangur Bán Deconstructed

I.e. those with permanent access to the law, access affordable only by an elite. The majority scum are forced to operate in ignorance or by the interpretation of the law given to them by the strong, big companies and others of those who operate and flourish upon their predation.