Wierd News IV - The Twilight Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.euronews.com/2021/04/15/sweden-sees-sperm-deficit-as-covid-pandemic-deters-donors
Sweden sees sperm deficit as COVID pandemic deters donors

Health professionals in Sweden are sounding the alarm over concerns of a sperm donation shortage spurred by the coronavirus pandemic.
[...]
"If I compare the figures from two years ago, the waiting list was three months to one year maximum and now we have a waiting list for two years," she said. "I do think the last year has doubled the waiting list."

This is mainly funny since it seems that this should be the least of our concerns.
(although I see how this is a problem for affected people)

https://www.euronews.com/2021/04/15/sweden-sees-sperm-deficit-as-covid-pandemic-deters-donors

This is mainly funny since it seems that this should be the least of our concerns.
(although I see how this is a problem for affected people)
I am not sure I get this. Not that I know much about AI in humans, but in cattle one "go" gives enough for about 500 AI's and men are capable of quite a few "go"s (given time). The articles does not put numbers on the problem, but it really seems it should be soluble.

No, it's in there, one donor can be used a maximum of six times.
However, the country also has strict policies around sperm donations, with a sperm sample only eligible to be used by a maximum of six women.

@Kyriakos: Yes, the hindrances of the pandemic are cited as reasons in there.

BBC said:
Mystery tree beast turns out to be croissant

When animal welfare officers received a report of an unusual animal lurking in a tree in the Polish city of Krakow, they were not sure what to expect.

"People aren't opening their windows because they're afraid it will go into their house," the woman reportedly said.

But a visit to the area showed the creature in question was not a bird, or even a reptile - but a croissant.

The Krakow Animal Welfare Society said the incident was genuine.

Writing on Facebook, the organisation said its officers had asked the desperate caller whether the unidentified animal, which had been in the tree for two days, could be a bird of prey.

The woman responded that it looked more like a "lagun" - Polish for lagoon - before remembering the correct word "legwan", or iguana.

Although the inspectors knew that it was unlikely that a reptile would survive the cool spring temperatures in the southern Polish city, they wondered if the animal could have been an unwanted pet abandoned by its owners.

Arriving on the scene, however, the inspectors found the headless and limbless object in a lilac tree - a pastry, probably thrown out of a window to feed birds.

The organisation remained light-hearted about the encounter and said the public should continue to err on the side of caution and report any concerns about animal welfare.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56757956

Flying pyramids are a thing.

after there was interference running with the two American destroyers on their way to the Blacksea , by the looks of it , some blog that sprouts Pentagon lies and cover-ups has an explosive article ... An all out attack , saying Chinese and Russian cavemen have been toying with America , using stuff and techniques America perfected 50 or 60 years ago , and America is , for some unexplainable reason , playing three monkeys about it . Actually attacks the very competency and integrity of the very limited numbers of people who advise the highest US decision making levels and cause this dishonourable weak response and tells the world that the America is on a roll ; they invent everything and they will have better radars and stuff and lazers and more stuff , one of these days . As proven by the fact that they are now seeing things they were unable to see just years back . (Glibly avoiding the notion that the entire 2004 Nimitz affair is a fake , in its entirity , CGl and all , with a Navy pilot that has the surprisingly rare ability in USN circles , to talk and get people to understand his words half of the time .) Says American exercises are being crowded by toys of these two Commie powers , allowing them to steal things they would be hard pressed to achieve otherwise ! Accordingly they will be dealt with , one of these days , we will see , oh , we will see . Oh-kay , let us see ...

and naturally this much of little talk , that people can dare toying with America leads to disbelief ... Some say it is USAF , some say it is a secret American Black organization that checks readiness ... One even claims it is Lockmart inventing the next and the one beyond next in aviation , in total Skunk Works style ... Just a couple who says it might be Aliens ...

though the relevant thing is that it is called a bohek effect or something like that . Causes a pyramid shape or whatever when stuff are pictured through some specific camera set-up . Otherwise it is just a Wallmart drone with a light underneath to troll the US destroyers to fire so that their combat frequencies and stuff can be recorded ...

will link this post to elsewhere so that ı can find it in times of trouble or whatever , am on the tablet for a month or so , due to new coronavirus lockdowns .

All this talk about flying pyramids… has nobody watched Stargate?

was checking some aviation site , where they had a page of extra to discuss the blog piece . Unhappy with Russia and China and their primitive stuff , everybody insists it is America inventing new things ; so , yes , they will also accept Stargate . As in Americans discovering something and only Americans being smart enough to try solving the riddles . With qualifications of course .

_____
Foo-Fighter-2.jpg
_____

this one is new for me . Must be B-17s in my opinion thing . Which had the first daylight encounter with lights , in the debacle over Schweinfurth . RAF is of course given the honour of first encounters in 1942 by Anglosaxons being the smartest to have invented radars so that Aliens notice something amiss on the planet . According to a guy writing a book on the subject who ignores that the German trick attack into Belgium in May 1940 had a considerable presence .

only as a follow up to the USN getting a little thrashing , US Army has taken to the field , with the same blog now referring to raising soldiers with enchanced stuff , leading to many to comment the warrior monks of the 1970s and 80s are coming back ; spoofed rather kindly in the George Clooney / Ewan Mcregor movie about those who stare at goats ... With links about the Chinese and the French are building cyborgs . Was really surprised to read the French Military has an "operational superiority" on their enemies !

only as a follow up to the USN getting a little thrashing , US Army has taken to the field , with the same blog now referring to raising soldiers with enchanced stuff , leading to many to comment the warrior monks of the 1970s and 80s are coming back ; spoofed rather kindly in the George Clooney / Ewan Mcregor movie about those who stare at goats ... With links about the Chinese and the French are building cyborgs . Was really surprised to read the French Military has an "operational superiority" on their enemies !
Linky? I found this, apparently from the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering, Biotechnologies for Health and Human Performance Council study group. I am convinced it is not serious, but I am not sure who is scamming who.

For example "muscular control through an optogenetic bodysuit sensor web". Optogenetic means shining a light on a neuron that has been genetically altered so to respond to the light and fire. Why would you do that? The difficult bit in doing this is to build a device that can control our muscles better than our brain, I think that is likely to be impossible, and the task is not discussed. If you did solve that, why use optogenetics, why not just stimulate the neurons or muscle cells directly with electricity?

Spoiler Executive summary and details :

a thing to observe is avoiding links . Because people have software to walk back and find the place where the link was placed and see who said what . After a spate of trouble with BAe , who naturally thought they were manlier than Lockmart which had provided the bulk of early internet harassing and stuff , ı have enough reputation about stuff . Which then leads to things that lead to "But, he pointed at us by name!" The place ı am following has a condensed version of things ; through which ı learned the actor Michael Caine (?) was born in 1933 and served in the Korean War which he survived possibly due to that they smelled garlic on a patrol and the Chinese troops just about to ambush them . A soldier supposedly uses only 2% of his smelling powers in ordinary times and they have a reasonable programme of training or whatever to improve that , in the pipeline for implemantion if accepted by Pentagon .

and what's that above , a suit you wear so that Elon Musk can field you as a gladiator against someone x-boxed by Bill Gates ?

Amazon is spending $465 million for 1 season of Lord of the Rings. O_o
Game of Thrones was merely $100 million per season.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/politica...over-100m-boost-for-lord-of-the-rings-filming

The pile of money is so large it might capsize New Zealand and send it to the deep.

Has Amazon made any good show? They do tend to throw incredible amounts of money for shows, but other than scenery this didn't translate to much in the one show of theirs I did see (something about the italian mafia and drugs).

And imo the Lord of the Rings isn't a good idea for a show, since there already are movies, made not that long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom