Wild Mana for FFH 2

Did some more testing by running dozens of streaming vids at once in high quality to replicate the crash I was having. Confirmed it's my damaged motherboard overheating and nothing in particular about wild mana (except that it's as awesome as multiple streaming videos at once). Glad to know there isn't a serious bug hidden inside for you to worry about (with my luck I'd be the one to find it, silly peace loving barbs).

Errr...

Can you load up this game, press end turn, and then tell me how the 'eck the Kuriotates gain all that culture? (And no, they didn't use legends)

They aren't all that far away from a culture victory at ~turn 480 (and when you play marathon that seems a bit quick to me :p)!

Attachments

• Greg AD-0471.CivBeyondSwordSave
    842.7 KB · Views: 41
I noticed in one of the screenshots, that the unit naming feature is apperently on. Can one use the civ-related naming system that is provided with that feature?

There are two ways as far as I know. Either use the logging system (I use that a lot) or create yourself a debug dll. In both ways you would need the SDK files which I haven't uploaded yet.

Btw, which version of Wild Mana do you use? I also had the problem of corrupted savegame files in the latest beta but I think this is fixed now
I mentioned it in the original post, 4.1g. I guess it's safe to say that that save is not recoverable? Is there any way to avoid the error with the current 4.1g, or should I just wait till 5.0? And any chance you could upload the DLL source when you release 5.0? I'd love to look around a bit.

I tried this new beta, hoping that the AI finally uses its huge stacks during war instead of moving around in their own lands.
They act different in a defensive or an offensive war.
I don't want to break my save game... I'm not complaining, but are adepts picking up spellbooks in the new beta?. .
not yet
Oh, and I still don't like the new barbs. I'm forced to attack them with superior numbers and as soon as I lose more than two warriors per lizardman, I can quit the game. Highly dependant on luck :(
ok, lizardmen might need a bit less power, gonna see.
Is this mod compatable with the Better economic AI mod?. . Wild mana + the better Economic AI would be rockin' :)
no. But the AI has a pretty good Economy now.
I'm still using patch 4.1, so maybe this is a problem you've already fixed. My game keeps CTD at the end of the turn of this attached save. The 'declare war' trumpet can be heard right before the game crashes.
doesn't crash for me so unfortunatly I can't fix it. Try to declare war on keelyn/falamar before you end turn.
Hi,just found your interesting mod and tried it.I do not like the bug-mode and all of its options, is it possible to delete/deactivate it, because the rest of the mod seems very appealing.
you can deactivate many options of the BUG mod in the menu. (or in the config folder from the bug mod. Not sure how much you can deactivate that way)
Just looking at LeaderHeadInfos.xml, since modifying it is a hobby of mine. The Amurites should cut the nonsense and trade techs at Friendly, at least. Maybe even at Pleased, but at higher TechTradeKnownPercent. Maybe they should trade mundade techs freely, but fiercely refuse to share the magic stuff.. . Why Capria prefers Empyrean to Order? I don't see the lore or the gameplay justification here.Also, have you done anything with the Luchuirp use of fireball golems from Blasting Workshops?
ok, Amurites trade techs at pleased now and Verlain at cautious. How about 70 order, 30 Empy for Capria? or 70 order, 30 kilmorph? let me know if you find other weird values.yes, Luchuirp beeline sorcery midgame, build blasting workshops.
[to_xp]Gekko;8454366 said:
hey Sephi, did you ever take a look at snarko's options mod?
that mod says it doesn't work in multiplayer
I noticed in one of the screenshots, that the unit naming feature is apperently on.. . Can one use the civ-related naming system that is provided with that feature?
I have deactivated the unit naming by default, but if you reenable it in config/init.xml you should be able to use all its features.
I mentioned it in the original post, 4.1g.. . I guess it's safe to say that that save is not recoverable?. . Is there any way to avoid the error with the current 4.1g, or should I just wait till 5.0?. . And any chance you could upload the DLL source when you release 5.0?. . I'd love to look around a bit.
yes, I will release the source of 5.0. I did remove a bug that was able to cause breaked savegames. I think you can only continue your savegame if you find an autosave you can load.

Version 5.0 is linked in the First Post. Includes some gameplay changes now. If you want no gameplay change compared to FFH download Wild Mana Light.

Changes Version 5.0 "Wild Erebus" (will break saves)
  • cleaned up some code
  • Forced the game to read Gameoption settings from XML, not ini
  • removed the ability to build Lumbermills in Ancient Forests (the religion AI should be good enough by now)
  • merged Freyas Civstyle mod
  • AI: Attitude system reworked
  • Spellbooks chance to grant spell now depends on magic techs known
  • No Religion X Gameoptions removed
  • updated to FFH Patch G
  • AI: More likely to send out explorers
  • AI: Many Civs have a much higher value to build their heros
  • AI: Workers are blocked to build improvements on mana nodes
  • AI: Barbs won't always suicide
  • AI: More likely to start war in Conquestmode
  • AI: Goblinarchers defend their Forts to the bitter end
  • AI: Barbarian City Production logic improved (it was really really weird...)
  • When the Barbarian start to "build" Acheron a message is now displayed
  • Gameoption: Improvements without Techs reworked (bug hopefully fixed, penalty without tech is now 3x instead of 2x)
  • Mapscript Wild Erebus added (made by Zerzes, original name is Strategea)
  • AI: Barbarian Cities better protected!
  • Some improvements of the the Bug merge (thanks a lot Denev!)

Can you explain what means "AI: Attitude system reworked"? Is that what we talked about in LENA's thread?

Nice, ..downloading

Regarding the AI war behaviour I don't know what you've changed in that new version, but in the previous one I've played two "always war" games with an AI teammate and you could clearly see what's going wrong during war.
My teammate started building only warriors after meeting the first enemy.
The AI does not expand, because it builds only warriors.
It does not research or very slowly, because of all the units.
The enemies, I met later, did have 2 or 3 cities, but then also started building warriors only (or a little more advanced units, in case they had time for the buildings or techs needed, before they had contact)
In addition the mass of weak units is moved around every turn, without real target, which increases AI turn time.

Anyway, I really like the mod, especially the wild mana options and the tech-choices of the different AIs, which leads to more different religions used.

The Deadly Wild Mana option brings me close to what I expect from hostile wildland in FfH2. Tough but not overpowered, unique defenders depending on the mana node, sending out units occasionally and you'll get different awards, when you clear them out with more advanced units.
Maybe you could increase the spawnrate or strength of those units spawned on mana and wandering off; I'd like to see the guarded nodes a little bit more dangerous, at least when they aren't in your borders. Maybe tie it to the difficulty level?

How about 70 order, 30 Empy for Capria? or 70 order, 30 kilmorph? let me know if you find other weird values.yes, Luchuirp beeline sorcery midgame, build blasting workshops.

70 Order, 30 Empy sounds good.

Esus's biggest worshipper Faeryl is a purely FoL fanatic in the XML, but I assume that it's done for the gameplay.

I think that Good leaders should have some honor and have 100 NoWarProb at Pleased.

Can you explain what means "AI: Attitude system reworked"? Is that what we talked about in LENA's thread?
many attitude modifier have greater impact. For example <iBonusTradeAttitudeChangeLimit>. In FFH it is either 2 or 0 for balseraph leaders. I changed the default to 1 and the range to min 0 and max 4 to make leaders more different. I also removed most of the default values out of the leaderhead xml, so difference is easier to see (and there is less excuse to give 30+ leaders the same value)

Maybe you could increase the spawnrate or strength of those units spawned on mana and wandering off; I'd like to see the guarded nodes a little bit more dangerous, at least when they aren't in your borders. Maybe tie it to the difficulty level?
I also thought about increasing their strength by time, like +1 every 100 turns, though that would make them really scary.
If you want to increase their spawn rate, you can change it in Assets\XML\globaldefinesalt.xml.

70 Order, 30 Empy sounds good.

Esus's biggest worshipper Faeryl is a purely FoL fanatic in the XML, but I assume that it's done for the gameplay.

I think that Good leaders should have some honor and have 100 NoWarProb at Pleased.

yes, Faeryl is (for now) gameplay reason. The NoWarProb sounds like a good idea, maybe not for all but most good leaders (some fanatics will loose their honor from time to time)

yes, Faeryl is (for now) gameplay reason.

I do think that she should change to Esus once she has some priests of leaves to bloom stuff.

Errr...

Can you load up this game, press end turn, and then tell me how the 'eck the Kuriotates gain all that culture? (And no, they didn't use legends)

They aren't all that far away from a culture victory at ~turn 480 (and when you play marathon that seems a bit quick to me :p)!

That was the reason 5.0 took so long ;) If you want to continue that game, delete the Kuriotates (just say they cheated, after all they had 1million gold :lol:)

That was the reason 5.0 took so long ;) If you want to continue that game, delete the Kuriotates (just say they cheated, after all they had 1million gold :lol:)

LOL! I wondered how they kept getting all those techs! (I was trying to butter them up so I could have a permanent alliance with them actually... :p)

I'll quit that game, and use 5.0 - I got too many techs off them to feel I wasn't taking advantage of a bug... ;)

you can deactivate many options of the BUG mod in the menu. (or in the config folder from the bug mod. Not sure how much you can deactivate that way)

Thx for answering. My main problem of the Bug-Mod is, that health- and movement-bar are bugged. They are not shown in their colour (e.g. green/red for health), but both in a colour like bronze.
Plus, they dont change, no matter, whether the unit is injured or has used one of its moves.
I saw in your pics of page I, that u have those bronze-colours,too while they work as intended in the Bugs-Forum's pics.
So maybe its a problem of the merge?
And is there any chance to at least get the standard health bar below the unit-pic back?

With Wildmana light 5.0, I get the "we're doomed barbarians are at our gate" event every turn, no matter what choices I pick. Shouldn't these new events be disabled anyway in the light version?

Top Bottom