1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Wild Mana for FFH 2

Discussion in 'FfH2 Modmods, Scenarios, and Maps' started by Sephi, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Eshnunna

Eshnunna Chieftain

First, awesome work, I just began to try the mod and the AI is just much more interesting now.

A small point about the whole "AI moves before founding first city", I'v experienced weird starts when I found my capital less than 3 tiles away from an AI settling party :
    - sometimes the stack sits there, doing nothing (until 2nd border pop moves them further away and they resume normal behavior)
    - when founding 1 tile away from then, i've seen the settler go found a city alone, ASAP, and ALL the warriors + scouts go exploring, leaving the capital undefended for a few turns...

Sorry if it's been brought up before.

2. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

then leave the council :p

barbarian seraph casting fireballs

Such a bug doesn't exist in 5.0. Any arcane unit that isn't barbarian can read a spellbook.

good point. I tweaked him a bit more so that his attitude should start lower and attitude boni from trade and religion take longer to accumulate.

Advanced Terraforming blocks springing oasis.

there was an issue with one type of spellbook but works perfect in 5.0. Did you play Perpentach? The trait changes probably caused the change in gold.

I could guess but you better just take a look and start from workerseamove

3. DioAurion

DioAurion Chieftain

Latest strange happening is a graphics glitch that I can only describe as a 'culture bomb'

Elven Culture Bomb

Troubleshooting info:

1. The territory I mapped out in their land was due to putting a scout in the nearby mirror of heaven
    2. The graphics glitch would not occur until the camera was centered almost directly over the capital.
    3. After about 50 turns the graphics glitch vanished.
    4. Maybe the summer elves just really didn't want my winter elves to see inside their territory.

4. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

come on. the Bannor belong in the overcouncil, it's just unfair. ;)

5. Doug Piranha

Doug Piranha Chieftain

Nice job with the barbs, but they still lose their relevance once I have bronze working. Those combat 2, enchanted blade warriors from Acheron's city aren't nearly as scary when I have metal and they don't. And I was able to take out two weak garrison archers by sacrificing two rookie bronze warriors and then attacking with experienced bronze warriors (didn't even need axemen). Maybe the archers should lose the weak promotion when bronze working is discovered?

6. SilentVoice

SilentVoice Chieftain

thx.
    If I want to terraform on oasis, cast Vitalize...so far...

7. esvath

esvath Apprentice of Erebus

Ouch, I think Wild Mana will put my Amurites + modmod(mod?) back into action. Sad me... :lol: Very well then, a little bit threadhijack, Amurites + v.3 will be released soon. Who knows, you MIGHT be interested in some stuff there :mischief:

8. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Chieftain

may not thread related ( so if Sephi tells me to shut up I will :D), but would not a war like Bannor be the very thing the Overcouncil tries to avoid?

9. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

the overcouncil is about keeping the good civs together against evil, they have resolutions to declare war on enemy civs. they're not suicidal I guess, and if the AV starts spreading like hell ( pun intended ) I don't think they're going to be preaching about religious tolerance :p

10. DioAurion

DioAurion Chieftain

Just finished my first game with the new patch. Was doing an every 20 turns we switch as leader type game with my friend. I really see the difference the barb ai makes when the riders appeared. Instead of mindless easy kills they ended up wiping out the world and handing the donut to the barbs. Even though we lost it was nice to see the riders actually become something that strikes fear into the hearts of all rather than a 4 turn kill and weapon swipe like they usually are for me.

11. denev

denev Chieftain

Great Sephi!:goodjob:
    Thank you for adopting my small works and crediting me on your great mod.

But my modification includes some small bugs. Please check my next version.

12. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

Here is a short list of the changes of the Amurite+ module (more in detail in the sevopedia)

Goals:
    Make the Amurite Leaders more unique in playstyle
    Make some units more viable so playing amurites is not just spamming firebows

Civtrait:
    Kylorins Legacy (same as arcane trait+less chance to resist spells from amurite units
    Higher level Battlemages automatically gain guardsman (lvl3), Channeling II (lvl 6)

Leaders:
    • Valledia (Organized,Earth Magic Mastery)
    • Dain (Philosophical, Mind Magic Mastery)
    • Tya (Sorcerer, Law Magic Mastery)
    • Verlain (Scientific, Shadow Magic Mastery)
    • Lorelei (Water Magic Mastery, can gain another trait depending on her actions)
    Unique Buildings:
    • Wizard Hall(replaces mage guild): gives units build in the city a small chance to start with a level 1 spell
    • Transmutation Lab(replaces alchemy lab): free regeneration promotion for units in the city
    • Wall of Warding (replaces walls): free blur promotion for units in the city
    • Arcane forge: free enchantment promotion for units in the city. Happiness from enchantment mana instead of gold
    • Cave of Ancestors:gives 1 free xp to arcane units for every different mana type, small chance to give free level 2 spell to every unit build in the city
    Unique Units:
    • Smordmage(replaces axeman): availabe with Knowledge of the Ether and wizard hall, doesn't get weapon upgrades. aptitude to few mana types (same as mana affinity, but max. +1 :strength:)
    • Battlemage (replaces champion): starts with channeling I, doesn't get weapon upgrade. aptitude to few mana types
    • Planeshifter (replaces ranger): lower base strength, aptitude to few mana types
    • other Amurite UU same as base FFH

thanks to Ahwaric, Iceiro, Opera, Valkrionn for ideas/code

13. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

nice stuff, I have to say after trying the amurites out for myself they're fun but there's only so much firebow spamming you can do until it gets boring. this should make them more fun without being overly powerful. :goodjob:

14. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

this WM amurite+ seems awesome !!!

15. Opera

Opera Chieftain

I wonder what those Specialization traits will do. Maybe I missed it in the thread?

16. euripides

euripides Chieftain

Hi,
    this mod looks promising, so i just dled the newest version and after install: babam, dont have an interface (main menu, will try starting a game later), see screenshot.
    I have bts 3.19 and FFH version 041g installed.
    I hope somthing can be done to alleviate this problem, thx

hmmm, just missing my screenshot, so will start game again...

edit: ok got new screens

Attached Files:

17. Afterthought_bt

Afterthought_bt Chieftain

A few things Sephi! :) Actually - these may be unrelated to WM, and be ffh problems in general, but seeing as I've only played a couple of games of ffh without WM, I wouldn't know, now, would I? :p

The random leader generator gave me the Grigori, so playing them for the first time, and my closest rival is the Luchuirp, who I also haven't played, so it may be I've missed some unobviously documented feature, or something.

Firstly it seems possible to permanently destroy Barnaxus, which is a bit unfair on the Luchuirp. Being my cowardly self I decided to soften them up with the HN Larry, Moe, and Curly before attacking them - and once I took out the defenders, as they could not capture the city, they attacked and destroyed the pieces of Barnaxus. I don't know if it would be possible to create a pieces of Barnaxus on an adjacent tile if it was destroyed by any means other than capturing it, or using it to rebuild Barnaxus? It strikes me as likely that this is a base ffh2 problem though, but thought I'd mention it here, seeing as you are generally so obliging! ;)

Secondly, all the Luchuirp cities I've captured so far seem to have free engineers in. Is this meant to be the case? I'm presuming it's something to do with Luchuirp or dwarves in general, but should it really carry over to the Grigori civ if so? :confused:

Else, there don't seem to be many wars going on - as far as I know I just started the first war of the game against the Luchuirp. It struck me that my opponents seem to have been expanding a little slower in the recent versions than in previous ones. Do I have any basis for that, and if so, would that be why there are less wars (They can still build cities rather than need to capture to expand)? (Wondered if it might be related to your revamp of the production AI - maybe when the map is at its largest it isn't producing enough/as many settlers, or else could soldiers be going into a stack rather than being used to garrison new cities?)

Euripides, I had that problem once with plain old BTS, it's often something to do with the custom assets. Try renaming/deleting your custom assets folder, and then restart civ holding down the shift key. It should force the game to ignore its cache, and reload everything from the xml and python files. It worked for me.

18. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

luchuirp engineers are caused by their worldspell, the pieces of barnaxus is caused by a base ffh issue ( not even a bug really iirc ) , HN units cannot capture units. and items like the pieces of barny are actually unit as far as the game is concerned.

19. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Chieftain

Whats a Smordmage ? :mischief:

:D

20. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

it kinda looks like peanut butter jelly, but it smells like skunk oil.